AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

Valued Contributor
davidm
Message 1 of 3 (148 Views)
Accepted Solution

modifications to point style not saving

148 Views, 2 Replies
11-01-2013 09:06 AM

I have an existing point style that has several thematic rules. When I "Add a Rule" it does not save and the next time I open the drawing, the rule is gone.  Any help? Map3d 2013 on 64 bit PC windows 7

After much tinkering, and yes I did save the file :smileyhappy:, I decided to install 2014 and it works fine now. I guess it was just telling me to install my upgrade!!!!  :smileyhappy:

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 3 (135 Views)

Re: modifications to point style not saving

11-01-2013 01:17 PM in reply to: davidm

Hi,

never had such a problem. What happens if you add a new rule and after that export that as .LAYER file and reimport it into a new drawing.

Just to make sure (sorry) ... you have saved the drawing after adding the rule?

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Valued Contributor
davidm
Message 3 of 3 (102 Views)

Re: modifications to point style not saving

11-04-2013 05:02 PM in reply to: davidm

After much tinkering, and yes I did save the file :smileyhappy:, I decided to install 2014 and it works fine now. I guess it was just telling me to install my upgrade!!!!  :smileyhappy:

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.