AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing layout tools

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
IQ_HIGH
1136 Views, 6 Replies

Missing layout tools

Hello...i have a bit of a problem with Autocad map 3d 2012. When i try to insert a scale bar or a north arrow or any other carthographic element i simply can't find the layout elements that are supposed to be in layout tools tab. I've done a lot of research online and can't come up with anything. I'd really appreciate some help on this as i am quite new to Autocad, and i've tried every solution that has come to my newbie brain

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
parkr4st
in reply to: IQ_HIGH

are you in paper space?         _.paper

Message 3 of 7
IQ_HIGH
in reply to: parkr4st

Yes i am...i really don't know what the issue is. I am in paper space, i have created view ports in paper space, i have map data as well. It just seems to me like i'm missing some sort of plugin but i don't know since i only just started using this software about 2 weeks ago

Message 4 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> When i try to insert a scale bar or a north arrow or any other carthographic element

AFAIK these (north-arrow, scale-bar) items are new to 2013, you won't find them in 2012.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 7
IQ_HIGH
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thank you very much. Sometimes it's just as important knowing what you can't do. Do you suppose there's another way to go about this then?

Message 6 of 7
IQ_HIGH

I mean without using map books....just an inset scale bar, north arrow and perhaps title block. I have investigated by the way and the solution i found- mapbooks - was not quite ideal for me

Message 7 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

you can always use blocks you define yourself, but they will not be connected to a viewport like 2013 does it (at least without development).

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost