AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate Project Paths?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
evantubbergh
299 Views, 4 Replies

Migrate Project Paths?

Is it possible to migrate project paths? When I got in this moring Map 3D 2013 just would not open and it gives an error. So I installed 2015 as I was plannign to upgrade next month anyway. Of course nothing is the same now and most important are the many, many project paths already set up in 2013 that I can't even access to copy. Why, oh why does this not come into the new version when upgrading?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi,

what are "project paths" for you?

There might be settings in _OPTIONS, or Map 3D aliases for drive-/path-mapping or FDO data already connected (which should not need to be changed) ...

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5

I am referring to 'Project Files Search Path' in OPTIONS but there are a whole bunch of file paths set up there for various uses, such as 'Support File Search Path'.

This should be migratable!

Message 4 of 5

Hi,

this setting is stored in the registry database :

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R19.0\ACAD-XXXX:XXX\Profiles\YYYYYYYY\Project Settings

XXXX-XXX depends of your version of vertical product and language

YYYYYYY is the name of your AutoCAD profil

R19.0 is for MAP 2013, and R20.0 for MAP 2015

So export this key to .REG file, open it with notepad and replace old value by new one, save and double clic to add new value to registry.

Olivier

Message 5 of 5

Ah thanks. Although I still think ACAD should do it for me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost