AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merging mpolygon

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
gisstat
1865 Views, 4 Replies

Merging mpolygon

The data is being imported via FDO connection from oracle spatial, so we use MPolygon objects in the Map 3d 2013 drawing. So the new polygonal objects are created by mpolygon tool. While we use command “mapmpedit - Add” to merge two polygons, the result polygon seems to be made of two polygons (we can see common lines of original polygons), although it’s being selected as single object. Are there any ways to solve this problem, so we could obtain single polygon without of any additional lines in the places of joining.

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
antoniovinci
in reply to: gisstat

Could you attach here 2 of those adjacent mpolygons..?

Please _WBLOCK in 2004 format, so I'd be able to manage 'em.

Message 3 of 5
gluckett
Message 4 of 5
Murph_Map

As Gordon reply use the mapfeaturemerge command. If you are using FDO and connecting to the features then try to use mapmpedit on them it is checking the features out and converting (making a copy) of them as AutoCAD enities. What you may be seeing is both the orginal features from the FDO connections and the new mploygons. If you turn off the FDO layer from the display manager do you see the single mpolygon?

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 5 of 5
gisstat
in reply to: Murph_Map

If I select two objects MPOLIGON and use MAPFEATUREMERGE command, I get the message "You must select at least two objects, one of which must be a feature". Oracle database is disconnected, mpolygon objects stored in dwg file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost