AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory Allocation

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
373 Views, 0 Replies

Memory Allocation

I have several machines running 2010 and 2011 on 2-4 cores with win7 x64 and several on x32.  The x32 bit systems consistenly get lack of memory errors.  The only solution i have found for this memory error is to disable all but one core, or use process lasso to force autocad to run on an independant core from the OS.  The x64 systems run flawlessly(or as close to it as any computer can be). 

I've been told that autocad running on a x32 system can only access the memory that is allocated to the first core, or the core it is running on.  This seems reasonable to me since my x32 machines throw a memory error as soon as the program has used up 25ish percent memory on a quad core machine. Is this truly the way this memory error comes to occur, and is there any documentation from autodesk on it?

**I found some info from autodesk on how autocad uses multiple threads or rather how it doesn't, but I haven't found the answer to the question of memory access so far**

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost