AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

Contributor
jregier
Message 11 of 15 (117 Views)

Re: Mapimport4 2012 Civil3D

07-04-2012 05:18 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA
Thank-you all for response... My problem is automation with lisp - MAPIMPORT4 works through the command line - MAPIMPORT does not, it brings up a dialog box that stops the routine. The lisp routines I developed way back open the shp, extract with OD data, pulls the OD data from the entities, shades, and relayers imported objects from 20 or so shape files pulled from base map file sites. It was all automated, and I'm trying to get that back. Jim
*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 12 of 15 (111 Views)

07-04-2012 05:53 AM in reply to: jregier

Hi,

maybe using the import-option-file (*.IPF) could be a help? Look >>>here<<<

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
Contributor
jregier
Message 13 of 15 (109 Views)

07-04-2012 07:11 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA
Alfred I think that'll work, (command "-MAPIMPORT" "SHP" shpfilename "Y" shpimportfile "P") thank-you.
*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 14 of 15 (106 Views)

07-04-2012 08:19 AM in reply to: jregier

Hi,

does that work for you? I did some samples like you suggested, at least with Civil3D2013 that did not work (even having FILEDIA set to 0).

But if it's working for you, then everything is ok for today :smileywink:

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
Contributor
jregier
Message 15 of 15 (106 Views)

07-04-2012 08:41 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA
Alfred It was hit and miss but it seems if the input is all valid it rolls through without the dialog box coming up - makes it hard to troubleshoot the command line options but with the imp file that's not as critical and gives me more custom options saving some internal programming. Have to rewrite anyway. It's incredibly frustrating, in this case the MAPIMPORT4 command still works, they've just removed the shp format as one of the supported files - so dgn files still work. It's to the point I dread upgrading. The MS jet4 removal is another huge hit to productivity - I'll be working on that animal next week. I do have cmddia set to 0, and expert set to 2.
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.