AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAPIMPORT Command in Ribbon?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Baz_man1
3995 Views, 3 Replies

MAPIMPORT Command in Ribbon?

I have copied over the 'providers.xml' file in order to get the MAPIMPORT command working from the command line. However, how do I get it back in the 'OUPUT - MAP DATA TRANSFER' Ribbon? I have opened the CUI and do not see MAPIMPORT in the command list at all (??) (Technically I am using Civil 3d 2014 but under the 'Planning and Analysis' Workspace).

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
phil_borycens
in reply to: Baz_man1

Hi Barry,

Thanks for your post.

You probably know this already, but the location of the Map Import button in Planning and Analysis in Civil 3D 2014 is as follows:

MAPIMPORT_C3D_2014.PNG

In regards to the Map Export button - it unfortunately does not exist at all in the ribbon of AutoCAD Map or Civil 3D 2014. (I logged DE7865 to bring this to Development's attention.)

You can add one using the CUI though. I created a short video to demonstrate this. I hope it helps.

Phil Borycens
Message 3 of 4
Baz_man1
in reply to: phil_borycens

Thanks Phil.

Yes, I am aware of the location of the MAPIMPORT but would like to have it exist along side the MAPEXPORT icon for ease of use. (I currently have that in a custom toolbar in 2013 but need to have this installed on the ribbon for other users as we migrate to 2014).

I'm sorry about the confusion but it was the MAPEXPORT command that was the concern and it should have appearred in the post subject line instead of  MAPIMPORT.

The MAPEXPORT command and icon were included in Civil 2013. Either by design or omission it has been taken out in 2014. I would sincerely hope it gets re-added to the ribbon AND the command list within the CUI by way of a hotfix or service pack.

Cheers,

Barry

Message 4 of 4
Murph_Map
in reply to: Baz_man1

The help files states "In the Planning And Analysis Workspace, click Output tabMap Data Transfer panelMap 3D Export. " however on my install of 2014 Map3D there is only 4 options none as stated in the help. 

export.PNG

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost