AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mapexportfdo + exportprofile file does not work from commandline

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
luc.vanlinden
501 Views, 5 Replies

mapexportfdo + exportprofile file does not work from commandline

Hi

I can succesfully perform a mapexportfdo with a loaded exportprofile vie the dialg boxes.

However when running this from the command line

-mapexportfdo

Enter connection name to export to, or ? for list <Oracle.FeatureSource>:

Load Profile? [Yes/No] <No>:y

Enter path and name of .EPF file for options: C:\Data\xxx.epf

Change options  [Selection/Data/Options/Proceed] <Proceed>: P

Processing...Export did not succeed.

doing this via the normal dialogs with exactly the same epf and in the same drawing, the export is succeful.

The profile contains mappings based on the object classes, the same for the selection.

Could this be caused by the fact that the other options cannot be set from the command line?

Can anyone confirm this behaviour?

tx

Luc

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Something does not seem right with the command line version loading the export profile file.

When stepping at the command line through the options (after loading the profile) the value for the option "treat closed polylines as polygons" has the value <n>, while the EPF file has it set to yes.

This seems to confirm that the loading/parsing does not work correctly for the command line version.

?????

Luc

Message 3 of 6

Hi Luc,

I just tested it and did not have this trouble.

Command: -MAPEXPORTFDO
Load Profile? [Yes/No] <No>:y
Exporting using profile C:\Users\t_boryp\Desktop\angle-area-bulge-treatclosedas.epf
Change options  [Selection/Data/Options/Proceed] <Proceed>:p
Processing...
2 object(s) of 2 selected, exported in 3 sec(s). 2 total object(s) exported. 0 objects exported more than once.

I tested this in AutoCAD Map 3D 2014 with a connection to Oracle 11g R2.

Did you figure out what the problem may have been in your case?

Phil Borycens
Message 4 of 6

version 2013?

Message 5 of 6

Sorry, Luc. I always test in the latest release first in case of bugfix.

However I just tested the same process in 2013 and still no issues...

Maybe it does have something to do with the classes/mappings that were setup in your case.

One thing that we learned from a recent case is that it matters where you select attributes from when creating an export profile. Check out the following screenshot, in case it applies in your situation:

rtaImage.png

Phil Borycens
Message 6 of 6

Hi Phil

With the message: "Processing...Export did not succeed." there is not much info or guidance to test for. Specifically that it works through the gui but not at the command line.

On your Select Attributes buttons, I thought the button you red-crossed worked like a common attribute selection, meaning that if you select an attribute from that interface, it will be added to the mapping on all classes, making it more convinient should you export a common property, like the layer for example. Obvisouly only if it is a common property.

Could you elaborate what you have learned from that case?

Do you mean it should not be used at all?

Thanks

Luc

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost