AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

Active Contributor
DaveMartin4189
Message 1 of 2 (138 Views)

MapExport Cogo Points (Data) to ESRI??

138 Views, 1 Replies
10-18-2013 11:53 AM

I've got Cogo Points, collected with a GPS unit, (in Civil 3D v2013) representing Valve Vaults and Fire Hydrants for a city.  Each point contains Property Data (full description) that represents its structure number.  I need to transfer this data with the point into ESRI .shp files.

In using the MAPEXPORT command, choosing 'Points.... when I go to the Data tab > [Select Attributes] button, I don't see where to select the Description attribute, which holds my structure number data. 

Is there a way to specify that this (structure number) data be exported during MAPEXPORT command?

Thanks in advance,

Dave

ps: the attached file has a screen shot-  showing Properties of my Cogo Point

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 2 (133 Views)

Re: MapExport Cogo Points (Data) to ESRI??

10-18-2013 12:12 PM in reply to: DaveMartin4189

Hi,

why not using the Civil3D point export, that creates a (structured) ascii-file which is good enough to be imported in ESRI products. MAPEXPORT does not have access to C3D-internals.

Try it, command is: _AECCEXPORTPOINTS

Viel Erfolg, - alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.