AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapanntext background mask

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
larrysands
1239 Views, 7 Replies

Mapanntext background mask

I have been using the mapanntemplate and mapanntext without a background mask and have been bursting the att. to mtext and using the background mask there. i have created a new mapanntext where it has made it close to impossible to burst this attdef and be efficient with it. so in short how do you create a mapanntext with background mask.

I know u can create a background mask in the attdef with multiline att, but since these items come from a gis map  its alittle bit different

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hi,

AFAIK map does not support multiline attributes for the annotation functionality. But if you upload one sample you have already I will look into it.

- alfred -

PS: please don't add the question for masking to every other thread you find that handles annotations (when the original questions don't have to do anything with masking), this destroys the structure of the other threads for the future readers when there are questions without any context to the original question.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 8

I will load up a sample monday so you have a better  idea. but my wetland mapanntemplate has 6 different att's in it and my client wants it to read like this 

Wetlandid

Sometext1  somenumber2  sometext3

Sometext4 sometext5

So when i go to burst this att' it becomes text then i go and make it mtext for a background mask  

In the process  of bursting the text it becomes a cluster that is out of order so when i make it mtext its out of order

I tried to create a mask within the mapanntemplate block. which worked until some of the text became shorter or longer than the orginal block i was working with so that blew my  idea away

My current solution for this process is a wipeout command behind the att  or simply leave it as text either way i have to rotate all the wetland (950) text to be plan readable.

Maybe i should start from step one and create the maptexttemplate differently so i can work with the data in a different way? 

Maybe having the data read like

Wetlandid(space)

Sometext1(space)

Sometext2(space)

Sometext3(space)

Sometext4(space)

Then burst the att and make it mtext, then make it mtext, then do a find and replace? 

Do you have a better solution for having 7 different object data associations within one mapanntemplate and keeping the structuture through the process of bursting and making it mtext with a background mask.

Message 4 of 8
Murph_Map
in reply to: larrysands

Sounds like you need some help creating the mapanno template. 

Take a look at this. 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 5 of 8
larrysands
in reply to: Murph_Map

Hi Murphy,

My question is what happens if the annotation text becomes bigger than the road sign or mask? Say I was want to use I-4564 which would go outside the block ? How would u resolve that issue ?

Sent from my iPhone
Message 6 of 8
braudpat

Hello

Maybe this Topic could interest you !?

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-map-3d-general/convert-data-labels-to-mtext-function-not-worki...

Happy New Year and THE HEALTH !

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
Murph_Map

@larrysands wrote:
Hi Murphy,

My question is what happens if the annotation text becomes bigger than the road sign or mask? Say I was want to use I-4564 which would go outside the block ? How would u resolve that issue ?

Sent from myiPhone

That's were prior planning comes into play, make the mask or shield big enough to start with and use the center justification for the text. 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 8 of 8
larrysands
in reply to: Murph_Map

Well would a mapannrefresh take care of any future issues that Raise with text going out of the block limits ?

Sent from my iPhone

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost