AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Map Features Unselectable

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
nsummitt
776 Views, 6 Replies

Map Features Unselectable

When I use quick select, I can see that there are map features listed in my drawings.  When I try to select these features it either says they have been selected but they aren't actually selected, or the autocad will crash forcing me to start over.  How can I removed these features (which do not actually appear in the drawing) from the drawing.  So many of my files seem to have this problem.  

-N

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
nsummitt
in reply to: nsummitt

btw, I am using Map 2010 32bit.  I can't deny there are days where I want to go back to '08 standard.  I have been very disappointed in Map.  It seems to offer a lot but really doesn't seem to handle all that it says it can.

Message 3 of 7
tjmapper

What kind of file are you connected too?

Are your shapes Polygons, points, or lines?

Message 4 of 7
Groszg

Hi,

Check the task pane if there are any layers (feature classes) present in it (If it's turned off type mapwspace in the command line then press enter twice).

If there are no feature classes there, check the connect to data dialog (Task Pane > Data > Connect to data). If there are map features connected to your drawing, you should see them there. Disconnect, then delete the connections, save the drawing and you should be alright from there.

If this happens every time you start a drawing -create a new drawing with the new command-, then it should be the dwt, that you choose when creating a new drawing. Open the dwt and do the same to it.

Hope this helps, G

Message 5 of 7
nsummitt
in reply to: tjmapper

I am not connected to any features... that is what is odd. nat
Message 6 of 7
nsummitt
in reply to: Groszg

I have done all those steps. Another point I should make is that the number of map features is usually equal to the number of items not selected that quick select warns me about before opening. nat
Message 7 of 7
Murph_Map

Hasve you tried the _purge command and purge regapps?

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost