AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

Contributor
Gtuni
Message 11 of 12 (112 Views)

Re: Map Crashes with DWG

11-15-2012 08:24 AM in reply to: mekohler

Win7 64bit. Civil 3D 64bit.

I have the same problem after using Data Connect to add a polyline shapefile to my drawing.

I would roll off the Data Connect Diloag an onto the shapefile...HANG...CRASH.

Thanks to Alfred's suggestion I checked ROLLOVERTIPS and SELECTIONPREVIEW.

ROLLOVERTIPS was set to 0 already, SELECTIONPREVIEW was set to 3, I changed it to 0.

Everything works good now.

I checked these two settings in Civil3D 2011, where I have no problems with shapefiles, and ROLLOVERTIPS was set to 0; SELECTIONPREVIEW was set to 3. Those same settings will not work in Civil 3D 2012.

Contributor
Gtuni
Message 12 of 12 (105 Views)

Re: Map Crashes with DWG

11-15-2012 10:20 AM in reply to: Gtuni

Win7 64 bit & Civil3D 2012 64bit

Further testing shows that if I use a regualar AutoCAD template when using the Planning andd Analysis' Data Connect to bring in a shapefile, it will hang and crash.

If I use a civil 3D template, no matter what the SELECTIONPREVIEW is set to, it will not hang and crash.

In Civil 3D 2011 64bit, it works no matter which template I use.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.