AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Map 3D style labels not printing

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
Ryan_WPSCI
1188 Views, 14 Replies

Map 3D style labels not printing

We are working on a Map that has all the line and text styles set as we want them displayed. Layout tab 1, 2 and 4 display everything as we need, but as soon as we print or print preview some of the text doesn't print or show up in the preview. However, Layout tab 3 displays everything as well and it prints correctly. Scales on Layout tabs 2,3, and 4 are all set to the same scale. Layout 1 is an overview.

I am using:

Map 3D 2014

Window 7 Professional

Intel(R) Xeon)R) CPU, W3565 @ 3.20GHz

12.0 GB ram

64-bit Operating System

Any help would be appreciated, we are not sure where to go from here...

Thanks,

Ryan

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Hi,

welcome @forums.autodesk.com!

What printer-driver did you try? Is the problem the same if you plot using the "DWF6 ePlot.pc3" or "DWG to PDF.pc3"?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 15
Ryan_WPSCI
in reply to: Ryan_WPSCI

Thanks for such a quick reply...

I have tried both printer driver, "DWF6 ePlot.pc3" , "DWG to PDF.pc3"  I also have adobe on my computer and I have tried the "Adobe PDF" printer driver.

All 3 do the same thing...

I have also went back through and have check the annotation scales and viewport scales are all the same on layout tabs 2-4...

Thanks again...

Message 4 of 15

Hi,

what objects are the label objects? AutoCAD-Text or -MText or blocks with attribtues? Or labels from FDO-connected data (if so, what data source type is it)?

How many text objects are there? For FDO-labels you can look to >>>that message<<< for maximum number of labels.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 15

The labels are GIS connected data. So I followed the step on the link and increased and decreased the maximum number of labels. And it is still comes up with the same print and print preview...

Thanks Again,

Ryan

Message 6 of 15

Hi,

ok, have you tried to save the GIS-layer and load it into a new drawing (and create a layout with a viewport and plot then)?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 7 of 15

Ok, so now I have saved the GIS-layers and loaded them into a new drawing, and now I have the labels showings as I want them to look. And now when I go to print I get the labels on the other half of the layout to show and print, however the ones that are showing \ printing in the orignal file wont show / print in the new file...

Thanks,

Ryan

Message 8 of 15

Hi,

are you willing to show your data (drawing and GIS-files/database)?

I guess we need to look into the drawing, at least to verify it happens for us too.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 9 of 15

Sorry I am not allow to share that...
Message 10 of 15

Hi,

>> Sorry I am not allow to share that...

Fully understand that, but it would be great to diagnose the issue on another system and to have the option to play with the data.

(if you are allowed to forward it directly to me, let me know your email-address via PM)

Some questions:

• are the labels created by a thematic map or by just one stylization of the GIS-layer?
  • do you use MTEXT or TEXT for the label creation?
  • do you use multiple lines-representation for the label?
  • are the labels built based on formulas or are simple attribtues shown directly?
  • (at least I see all of them as an option to try the opposite of whatever you have configured currently)

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
    Message 11 of 15

When creating the GIS layers I have 3 different scale ranges set. Scale ranges 2 and 3 are setup to show different things in Layout 1, and then scale range 1 is set up for Layout 2, 3 and 4. Those layouts all have the same viewport scale. And for the label creation I am using the feature label and creating a MTEXT label. As far as multiple lines I have 1 line style set per scale range. So I don’t want the line label to show in scale range 3, but I want them to show at scale ranges 1 and 2. So I guess I am not if that is what you meant by multiple line-representation or not? Also, the labels are not built from a formula.

Thank you for your help!!! I think I figured it out, I was trying to add a feature label to the line. So what finally work for me was to add a symbol under the line style and use plain text.

Thanks Again!

Message 12 of 15

Hi,

>> I am using the feature label and creating a MTEXT label

That would have been the first point to check, I only use TEXT and not MTEXT.

>> I think I figured it out

Great to hear/read that, so I'm quiet...until you get back with questions 😉

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
    Message 13 of 15
    c4az57b
    in reply to: Ryan_WPSCI

If thats the case re the mtext vs text, does that mean the some expressions will need to be changed?

map 3d expressions mtext vs text.JPG

Message 14 of 15
    c4az57b
    in reply to: c4az57b

Also found that if rotation was applied to the plain and or Mtext inconjunction with an concat \n expression, it would not plot in the PDF?

set rotation back to 0 and its ok?

Message 15 of 15
    braudpat
    in reply to: c4az57b

Hello

To get a new line with standard text FDO label  --->  \n

To get a new line with multi       text FDO label  --->  \P

Standard Texts FDO Labels are faster ... So I try to use as much as possible Standard Texts ...

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
    If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost