AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Map 3D Roamable Profiles

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
NathTay
258 Views, 7 Replies

Map 3D Roamable Profiles

I have just tried loading Map 3D and as our Network is setup with roamable profiles Map is installing some files on the network. The problem I have is that the location the files are being installed in has a size restriction set which is being hit. Before I request our IT department increases the restriction I would like to know how much room is needed.
Regards - Nathan
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
NathTay
in reply to: NathTay

The system requirements specify 900mb for installation unfortunately I can't find anything to tell me how much space is required for each user profile on the network.

Regards - Nathan
Message 3 of 8
sarconj

Hello Nathan,

Roaming Profile sizes can vary from user to user. To get an idea of much space is required for a profile use Windows Explore and navigate to C:\Doucuments and Setting\\Application Data. Rght click on the Application Data folder and bring up Properties to check the size of the folder. This would be the normal size of one profile. The System Administrator can set a size restriction on roaming profiles. For more information, got to the Microsoft Web Site and search on Roaming Profiles.

Joe
Message 4 of 8
NathTay

Thanks Joe,
I was trying to work out how much Map was trying to install as I was reaching the limit.
Autodesk Map is installing tutorial and sample data in the users My Documents directory. There is no way not to install this data or change where it goes. Our users My Documents directories are on a server with a limit of 20MB per user. I spotted the Disk Costing button in the installation and found out it needs 98MB.

Regards - Nathan
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Nathan, You might just do a custom install and eliminate the installation of the tutorials. Then put the tutorials on a directory where they can be accessed on the network by anyone who would like to go through them? Travis Klasna The D.C. CADD Co.-DALLAS
Message 6 of 8
NathTay

Hi Travis,

There is a Tutorials option in the custom install but these are not the map tutorials. There is no way not to install the map tutorials. (that I can see)

Thanks - Nathan
Message 7 of 8
FrodeI

Hi

I'm having the same problem - roaming profiles and limited disk space.

Has anybody found a solution?

Is there any way of avoiding the installation of those Map Tutorials (I believe it to be the MapTutData files)?

I have tried to delete the files in the MapTutData folder (after been given this hint from CadQ support), but then, obviously, the program reports that it cannot find the specified files meaning that the user has to click "Ignore" about a hundred times in order to start the program (and this repeats itself every time, even though all other user specific changes to views/menus etc are remembered).

All I need is a simple way of allowing users to start the program, without the program copying approximately 100MB of data to the roaming profile folder.

(increasing the disk quota is not a solution, as this is data that will be downloaded during logon, and copied back to server during logoff - one sure way of getting annoyed users:)
Message 8 of 8
MEE

We dont use roaming profiles but I have the same problem. I dont want to store and backup theese tutorials for 500 users.
Is there a reason that the tutorials are stored under "My Documents" and not in the application directory?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost