AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Map 3D Newbie Here - Polylines with Object Data - Conversion to Parcels

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
nkg2
1047 Views, 5 Replies

Map 3D Newbie Here - Polylines with Object Data - Conversion to Parcels

Newbie to Map3d.  I have a drawing that has a subdivision that was brought in via shp file but along the process that shp file got exploded causing polyline lots with object data attached to it.  My question, which I am sure has been solved, is how can I turn those polylines into Parcels so that I can create a table, a label, etc. for the information that is already there?  Knowledge base file or how to guide will work for me.  Thanks in advance!

***Viewer/Reader Discretion is Advised***
Autodesk 2022- Architectural, Engineering and Construction Subscription & Infraworks
Windows 10 Professional, x64, Microsoft Surface Pro 3
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
antoniovinci
in reply to: nkg2

Have you yet the source shapefiles?

If so, you can _MAPIMPORT 'em to a brand new drawing, with OD loaded.

If not, I fear there's no way to restore the old OD after explosion, sir...

Message 3 of 6
nkg2

Thank you for the reply.   I found out that it was not exploded.  However I can't find anywhere, either by xref or other means, where the shp file was loaded persay but it is on its own layer.   What I am ultimately trying to do is extract the information to put into labels but cannot figure out how.  The manual says to take the file to Map3d, clean it up, and create a topology but when I do that, even after cleaning, I get errors that cant be fixed.   I tried converting to parcels but it did not take the object data to the parcel information.   The other issue is the scale from the orginal shp file does not match up in its native form so I don't want to lose what was done already (scaled the shp file to match the drawings coordinate system and scale).  Thanks again in advance!

***Viewer/Reader Discretion is Advised***
Autodesk 2022- Architectural, Engineering and Construction Subscription & Infraworks
Windows 10 Professional, x64, Microsoft Surface Pro 3
Message 4 of 6
antoniovinci

Zip your .DWG and share it with us, we're gonna take a look at that one.

Message 5 of 6
andrewpuller3811

Have a look into the annotation commands Define Template (_mapanntemplate) and Insert (_mapanninsert)

They will let you label the polylines with the object data that is attached to them.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 6 of 6
parkr4st
in reply to: andrewpuller3811

Your shp supplies every thing you ask for.  data connect & add it to a dwg set for the cooordinate system you want.  select the shp in display manager in task pane and open the data table, you can do a variety of things with data table.  Style the shape including labels.  Right click menus will lead you to most of what you need.

You can also access the data table by opening the .dbf file in a spreadsheet or data base program.

dave

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost