AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Map 3D 2014 is causing problems with other programs.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jleavitt
409 Views, 3 Replies

Map 3D 2014 is causing problems with other programs.

I recently did a re-install of Map 3d on my Windows 7 64-bit machine. Previous to this everything worked and played in harmony and life was good.  After the re-install whenever I launch a mission-critical legacy application I get an error message saying "Please Wait while Windows configures Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2014" and immediately after I get a warning that says "Run Setup.exe to install Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D".  This sequence repeats twice more before the application opens.

My application log has the following entry:

Log Name:      Application
Source:        MsiInstaller
Date:          1/8/2015 7:54:05 AM
Event ID:      1004
Task Category: None
Level:         Warning
Keywords:      Classic
User:          BLM\jleavitt
Computer:      ILMCASO40502608.blm.doi.net
Description:
Detection of product '{5783F2D7-D002-0409-0102-0060B0CE6BBA}', feature 'P', component '{5C75ADB2-4513-403F-94A6-6EA8EB2EEBA9}' failed.  The resource 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER(64)\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R19.1\ACAD-D002:409\RoamableRootFolderGlobmsi' does not exist.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="MsiInstaller" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1004</EventID>
    <Level>3</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-01-08T15:54:05.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>39507</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>ILMCASO40502608.blm.doi.net</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-21-261334516-432891326-3434007665-118116" />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>{5783F2D7-D002-0409-0102-0060B0CE6BBA}</Data>
    <Data>P</Data>
    <Data>{5C75ADB2-4513-403F-94A6-6EA8EB2EEBA9}</Data>
    <Data>HKEY_CURRENT_USER(64)\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R19.1\ACAD-D002:409\RoamableRootFolderGlobmsi</Data>
    <Data>(NULL)</Data>
    <Data>(NULL)</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

From my research, I have discovered that this has been a problem as far back as 2006 with the trigger being a missing resource at:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\Geospatial Coordinate Systems Temp\Australia\Agd66\A66National(13.09.01).gsb

The solution was to copy the Geospatial Coordinate Systems folder from C:\ProgramData\Autodesk into the same folder and rename it to the same name with Temp appended so that you got two identical folders except for the name.  This doesn't work on this installation.

What can I do to solve this problem that Autodesk has, apparently, ignored for so long?

Thank you.

J Leavitt

J Leavitt, PLS
Land Surveyor
Bureau of Land Management
California State Office
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
olivier.eckmann
in reply to: jleavitt

Hi,

This problem appears when your application was written with VisualBasic language (old VB6 in general case). It seems that Map installation "breaks" the VB or VBA components.

The only solution I've found is to Uninstall MSOffice, reboot PC, and Re-install MSOffice which rebuild good VBA components in the installer section of registry.

Olivier

Message 3 of 4
jleavitt
in reply to: olivier.eckmann

Thank you for your reply.  Your explanation seems to fit, but the solution is just too drastic.  Especially when considering some new information that has just come to light.  I've discovered that the problem only affects my regular user profile.  When I login to Windows with another user account the legacy program opens normally without trying to reinstall Map 3D.  I'm baffled, why does the program open properly in one account and not the other.  The software is the same for both profiles.

Could there be an alternate solution, one not quite so disruptive, perhaps something that suppresses the dialog boxes and allows the program to run in spite of the percieved problem.  I'm just concerned over the loss of personal settings for Microsoft Office that would accompany the suggested solution.

Again, Thank You

J Leavitt

J Leavitt, PLS
Land Surveyor
Bureau of Land Management
California State Office
Message 4 of 4
diane.cloutier
in reply to: jleavitt

Hi J,

I have seen a case like this before and what resolved it was to do a clean uninstall, then reinstall of Map 3D, following the instructions in the following article:

Performing a Clean Uninstall

Make sure to run the Microsoft Fixit utility in Step 2.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue for you.

Thanks,

Diane Cloutier

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost