AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Map 3D 2014 Failure to add data to map

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
EcosystemServices
1709 Views, 3 Replies

Map 3D 2014 Failure to add data to map

Hi,

I'm trying to add data from https://hazards.fema.gov/gis/nfhl/services/public/NFHL/MapServer/WFSServer through FEMA's website found here: https://hazards.fema.gov/femaportal/wps/portal/NFHLWMS.  I can connect to the data using data connect but when I attempt to add to my map with or without using query I receive the error "There was a problem adding data to Map" which is the equivalent of a check engine light to someone that knows nothing about cars (i.e. I'm not a GIS wiz).  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

On a similar note, does anyone have the URL for WFS data for National Wetland Inventory and SSURGO Soil Data?  I can get kmz and wms data and ArcGIS map services through the ArcGIS for AutoCAD but I would like the feature data to create better maps (showing specific soil properties by color, etc.).

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hey there,

Thanks for your post.

I find that the WFS version number really matters with this particluar web feature service.

When in the Data Connect > WFS dialog, instead of "Default version", choose 1.0.0, and hit Connect:

1-version.PNG

I notice that when I do this, all of the layer Coordiante Systems show as LL83, and this is a good sign:

LL83.PNG

It seems that I can add any WFS layer successfully by using this configuration. Please let me know if you can achieve the same results.

Phil Borycens
Message 3 of 4

phil_borycens wrote:

It seems that I can add any WFS layer successfully by using this configuration.

I tried joining that address by means of another WFS client, upon LL83 i.e. EPSG:4269

I was able only to load the following 9 vector layers:

soil4269.gif

Message 4 of 4

I was able to add the data to the map somewhat successfully using WFS version 1.0.0.  The data shows up in the display manager, but it does not actually display in model space and cannot be zoomed to.  It seems that Map 3D still has a ways to go with this WFS/WMS stuff.  Not sure how to resolve this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost