AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Map 3D 2012 Data import

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
610 Views, 2 Replies

Map 3D 2012 Data import

Hi!

I'm using Map 3D 2012 with Oracle 11g. I created an enterprise project with an industry model with water and wastewater modules. After this i created my feature classes and defined the utility model linking the geometry feature class to the attribute ones (ex: WA_POINT to WA_ARMATURE, WA_VALVE, WA_HYDRANT etc.).

At this moment i have to import a large amount of data from *.shp or *.sdf files, but theese files contain geometric and attribute data together.

How can i import the geometry from the shp or sdf file to the geometry feature class (ex: WA_POINT) and the attributes to the attribute feature class (ex: WA_VALVE), while creating the reference between the geometry and attribute feature classes?

I tried bulk-copying the geometry, but it doesn't create the coresponding attribute feature.

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
hence_the_name
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Gabriel,

do you want to migrate the SHP files into your industry model? If so - take a look at "Enterprise Industry Model Data Transfer". It allows migration of any Oracle data into an industry model.

You would need to import your SHPs first into Oracle. You can use SHP import tools or even Bulk-Copy in Map might work. For Bulk Copy - create a new data store in oracle using the Map oracle provider, don't use the Enterprise data provider.

After importing the SHPs into Oracle you use the Data Transfer tool in Map to get the data into the right structure (= industry model).

More information can be found here:

http://docs.autodesk.com/MAP/2012/ENU/filesMAG/GUID-D0976A7A-D3E1-440F-B20E-DBD634E1CC93.htm

Good luck,

Rob

http://raumpatrouille3d.blogspot.ch/
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: hence_the_name

Hi Rob,

Thanks again for your help! It worked great.

I bulk-copied the shp files in a temporary industry model, then i used Oracle Data Import from Infrastructure Administrator to migrate the data to the final industry model.

I created the link between the geometry and the attribute features with a post SQL in the mapping definition.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost