AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Map 3D 2012 Crashing on grid shift

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
snumedahl
393 Views, 1 Reply

Map 3D 2012 Crashing on grid shift

I am attempting to query some mapdata from a NAD27 drawing to a NAD83 drawing and when I do a quick view or a query, Map3D 2012 ( a new installation on Windows 7) crashes. I have the NTV2_0.GSB in the c:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Geospatial Coordinate System\Canada directory and have edited the NAD27toNAD83.gdc file accordingly but to no avail. Any ideas?

This setup has been working on my previous Map installations (Map3D 2007 on XP, Map3D 2010 on XP & Map3D 2010 on Windows 7) so I know I have working configuration files.

Steve

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
snumedahl
in reply to: snumedahl

I have discovered the cure. It seems Map 2012 (Maybe even 2011 - didn't use it) and newer don't actually reference the .gcd files in the \Programdata\AutoDesk\Geospatial Coordinate Systems directory anymore and you have to modify the same information in the Coordinate System Library manager utility. Once I referenced the NTV2_0.GSB file I needed to complete the datum conversion it worked like a charm.

What a relief.

But this begs a few questions. Why is this not referenced in the documentation anywhere? And why is the file still in the directory (installed by AutoDesk) if it isn't being used?

The Readme file in the \Canada subdirectory referref to a CS-MAP program but the instructions were actually applicable to AutoCAD as well in a round-about way.

Later,

Steve

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost