AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAP 3d 2012 64 bit and Oracle 10g XE 32 bit

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
pg002a
2691 Views, 5 Replies

MAP 3d 2012 64 bit and Oracle 10g XE 32 bit

HI

I using MAP 3d 2012 64 bit and try to connect to Oracle 10g XE 32 bit and can't connected, gives error OCI.dll not found. Service i want to connect is running, i have checked it using SQL Developer.  I have installed Oracle directly to my computer and not using Oracle client. I have copied OCI.dll and some other dll files from Oracle BIn folder to ...MAP 3d/BIn/FDo folder but nothing, still got the problem. I have question: is it possible to connect to Oracle 32 bit database using 64 bit MAP 3d.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pg002a
in reply to: pg002a

I found solution also. All I need to do was adding Oracle_Home pointing to installed Oracle databse installation folder in environment variable.

@pg002a wrote:

HI

I using MAP 3d 2012 64 bit and try to connect to Oracle 10g XE 32 bit and can't connected, gives error OCI.dll not found. Service i want to connect is running, i have checked it using SQL Developer.  I have installed Oracle directly to my computer and not using Oracle client. I have copied OCI.dll and some other dll files from Oracle BIn folder to ...MAP 3d/BIn/FDo folder but nothing, still got the problem. I have question: is it possible to connect to Oracle 32 bit database using 64 bit MAP 3d.

Message 3 of 6
sroussev

Hi,

I am trying to connect to Oracle 10g XE, but I am getting the same error as you have indicated: OCI.dll

Can you specify your Oracle_home path.  

I found this online "set ORACLE_HOME=C:\oracle\ora10.2" but the folders under XE look different.

Thanks

Message 4 of 6
pg002a
in reply to: sroussev

Do you use 64 bit MAP and 64 bit WIN 7? Then you have to use Oracle Client 11 64 bit driver at first. Under enironment variable add to path:C:\oracle\ora11.2(depend where you put all your Oracle client files and folders you downloaded before). At first I added also ORACLE_HOME=C:\oracle,  and get it working, but its tricky one, I found that sometimes it working without ORACLE_HOME also, it seems that under WIN 7 64 bit Oracle XE 32 bit not working very well.

I tried to install Oracle XE to different machine( WIN XP 32 bit) und using Oracle Client 11 64 bit for connecting and its working great. I didnt added ORACLE_HOME, only PATH. 

So all you need is little bit messing around and you find how its working the best. 

Message 5 of 6
pg002a

Right now I tried Oracle XE working great under same machine I using MAP 3d 2012 64 bit.. All configuration list is below:

1. Download Oracle "instantclient-basicX64-11.2.0.2.0" and if you need odbc then download "instantclient-odbc-windows.x64-11.2.0.2.0"

2. Make folder named Oracle in C:(C:Oracle) copy all instant client filest under Oracle folder.

3.Under Environment Variable tab you need to add to Path= C:\Oracle and delete old data which automatically added when you installed Oracle database.   No need to create ORACLE_HOME.

4. Modify C:\Oracle\NETWORK\ADMIN\tnsnames.ora file, add service name( i have XE) you databse is running and host name(machine name) like below:

XE =  (DESCRIPTION =    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST =machine name)(PORT = 1521))    (CONNECT_DATA =      (SERVER = DEDICATED)      (SERVICE_NAME = XE)    )  )

Check also that 2 services is running: OracleServiceXE and OracleXETNSListener.

Right now it must working, for me it does.

Kajar

Message 6 of 6
sroussev

I got it to work somehow...

I had to replcace 10g database w/ 11g database and use the clients for x64 11.2.0 as you specified.  

I am trying it on server 2008R2 w/ mapserver2012 and oracle database 11g XE, and workstation w/ win7 x64 for Map3D.

Added the Path in win environment to point to the clients folder and removed the path that was setup by 11g database install on the server.  On teh workstation added the Path to the clients as well.  Also copied CLI.dll and few other .dlls to Map3D FDO folder.   Then it worked!

Thanks for the guide.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost