AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Map 3D 2010 google earth

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
shallowhead
1056 Views, 17 Replies

Map 3D 2010 google earth

I had been using the Google earth publish dwg to kml for quite a while. But today it will not work. I reloaded the program but nothing. I went back to the autodesk web site and saw this....

• Graduated: March 21, 2012

Please note that AutoCAD® Google Earth Labs application is no longer available. We are aware of the importance of creating kmz/kml files as well as including preliminary surface and aerial imagery in your design workflows and are actively researching possible solutions. At this time we cannot share information about potential future product enhancements. When appropriate, we will communicate technology plans via various channels including Autodesk Labs, Facebook, Blogs and our Discussion Groups.

Does this mean somehow autodesk took this function away?

Help!!!

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
shallowhead
in reply to: shallowhead

Another note: I did upgrade to Google earth 6. Might this have something to do with it?

Message 3 of 18
antoniovinci

shallowhead wrote:

Might this have something to do with it?

I think no, simply your Map needs a complete uninstall.

When you're done, install again your copy of Publisher-to-GE for 2010, and everything will be all right back again.

If you lost it, I can send it by email (I collect each Autodesk Labs' plugin, even if my glorious Map2006 doesn't support).

Message 4 of 18
shallowhead

Do you mean to uninstall and reinstall my Autocad map program? and then install the Google earth PublishDWGtoGE? Or just the PublishDWGtoGE?

I do have the file PublishDWGtoGE that I originally used and worked  so no need to email that as of now.

Thanks....Kevin

Message 5 of 18
antoniovinci

That's it, uninstall Map and PublishDWGtoGE, perform a robust Ccleaner by Pirisoft unitl you get no errors, reboot, and reinstall first Map then the publisher.

Message 6 of 18
shallowhead
in reply to: antoniovinci

OK, I will do that later today and keep you updated. Thanks.

p.s. Do you know anything about why autodesk has this as "no longer available" on the link below

(scroll down a bit under "Google earth extension for autocad")

http://labs.autodesk.com/utilities/google_earth_extension_beta/

Message 7 of 18
antoniovinci

I guess you'll understand by reading this...

Message 8 of 18
shallowhead

Well I've reloaded Autocad, ran the CCleaner uninstalled and reinstalled the PublishDWGtoGE, but when I enter the command "publishkml", it is an unknown command. Am I missing something here? Do I need to load something else besides just running the setup? I do not have the google earth toolbar that I used to have. I think it has four commands on it, one being the publishkml.

Pls advise....many thanks!

Message 9 of 18
antoniovinci

Sounds like you did NOT execute what I advised to you, sir.

You gotta do it in the EXACT order as above written: read again my post "23-06-2012 05:43 PM"...

Message 10 of 18
shallowhead

Oh yes. your right I did not uninstall publishkml after the cad uninstall. What a bummer! I will try this again and let you know of the results. (At least its not a busy Monday morning!)

Thanks.

Message 11 of 18
shallowhead

Well, I went through again and this time followed exactly what you said. However, no luck. Funny thing - I did a search on my pc for the files that were supposed to be installed with the GE publisher but none of those files are found on pc. (AeccDWGtoGE.arx, etc.) It seems the install did not install them, even though it said installation successful.

Here's some info on my setup that may have something to do with the problem:

the last time I made a successful export to a google earth file was before my laptop crashed. Since then I have changed from my previous XP version to Windows Vista. (I was not able to reinstall windows XP but had a liscense for vista).

I also changed my version of google earth to version 6 from 5. (I did read somewhere that it only works for version 5)??

I have a feeling these have something to do with the unsuccessful install of GE publisher.

Is there a different download for windows XP and Vista? If so, Do you possibly have a Vista download you could send me?

I really appreciate any further help on this!

Thanks.

Message 12 of 18
antoniovinci

shallowhead wrote:

none of those files are found on pc. (AeccDWGtoGE.arx, etc.)

What's the size of your DwgPublishToGEInstaller.msi ?

The one for 2010 release must have 1,404,416 bytes, no matter what OS you have.

Message 13 of 18
shallowhead

I have confirmed that it is 1,404,416 bytes. Thats correct.
Any other ideas? Thanks.
Message 14 of 18
shallowhead

Since there is evidently no other ideas from my Distinguished Mentor or anyone else, the matter of Autodesk's PublishDWGtoGE not functioning is anyone guess. My assumption is it doesnt work in conjunction with Windows Vista and Google earth version 6.2.2.6613. I will recommend to anyone else having the problem of converting shp to kml to try out the MAPWINDOW program with the add-on shp2earth. It has worked well for me.
Message 15 of 18
TerryDotson

Please note that AutoCAD® Google Earth Labs application is no longer available.

If you don't find a better solution, we have released some freeware to output KML files from drawing objects.   It's a tiny 15kb VLX that works on any Map based AutoCAD (even back to version 2000), that includes Map, LDT and Civil3D.  Most linear objects are supported directly and a companion tool explodes things like blocks & text to polylines so they show up on the export.

Here is a link to download, email improvement requests to dotson [at] dotsoft [dot] com.

Message 16 of 18
antoniovinci
in reply to: TerryDotson

Sounds cool, Terry, I'll test it a.s.a.p. but... in Gis environment Object Data are more valuable than simple vectors: does your tool export OD as long as the geometry?

Message 17 of 18
TerryDotson
in reply to: antoniovinci

... export OD along as the geometry.

Good idea, we added that.

Message 18 of 18
antoniovinci
in reply to: TerryDotson

Well done, T, but you'd better update the Readme file about the brand new OD feature... 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost