AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of orientation and online map data when reopening a project.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
shaenn
431 Views, 1 Reply

Loss of orientation and online map data when reopening a project.

I use the online map data to trace land features. 

My workflow:

1. Set the units of the drawing to architecural 0' 0"
  2. Geo using a kml of a known location
  3. Select a datum close to my area of interest
  4. Choose Feet as Drawing Units
  5. Trace features with polylines
  6. Save drawing
  7. Close drawing
  8. Open drawing

The orientation of the polyline is off and the online map data will not display. Do I need to Geo every time I open the project? 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pcguru.oregon
in reply to: shaenn

I have this same problem in Civil. I use the screenshot now to preserve my "location" for my own reference - but it is a real pain reorienting the map each and every time I reopen a file. I have a lot of point reference data on my traced over map, including geographic points - but that does nothing to help. The unloaded map reorients my points latitude & longitude - even if I lock them. Anyway - I have looked at the preferences and can find nothing about "using previously loaded coordinates" or anything similar to that. Upon reopening - even with my points locked and my capture area in place - it relocates to somewhere in the middle of the Pacific (it seems to be the same location each time which is what leads me to believe it's a program setting). It would be fantastic if anyone knew the settings to stop this behavior. Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost