AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lose labels when rotating view

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Jfactory
533 Views, 1 Reply

Lose labels when rotating view

Hi I've had this problem for a while and never found a solution or took the time to ask for help.

I am using AutoCAD Map 3D 2013 SP 2.1 64 Bit Windows 7.

When I am in Layout space if I have a rotated view that is not World View my labels for SDF and SHP files disappear.  Is there any solution to this?

I have tried 2 methods of rotating the view, one is UCS customizing with a PLAN view oriented to the current UCS. Labels disappear.

The other method is DVIEW and TWisting all my features N degrees. Labels disappear.

I usually end up making labels for the few things I need labeled but this time it covers a large area.

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you!!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
diane.cloutier
in reply to: Jfactory

Hi, This is a known issue (up to the current version) with line features and has been logged with our developement team to be fixed for future releases.  Are you having this issue for line features only or is it also an issue for points and polygons?  It hopefully should not be a problem with points and polygons, but let me know if it is.  As a workaround, you can convert the labels to MText using the MAPLABEL2ANN command.  Sorry I do not have any other solution for you at this time.

Diane Cloutier

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost