6 Posts
0 Kudos
Post 1 of 5
Accepted Solution

Lisp for replacing block with point?

467 Views, 4 Replies
06-10-2013 04:34 AM

Dear madams and sirs,

I need to replace a large number (3700) of blocks with points, and cannot find a command for that operation. I have found a lisp for converting circles to points, so I guess it is doable for someone more experienced.

Have I just not found the command, or am I a bad googler? Unfortenately I cannot handle pure code (yet), so I need a lisp file (or the command).

Thankful for any help!

/ Göran

You can always do a report query or a dataextract and create a txt file with the coordinates of the blocks then use that txt file to import points. Another way would be to export the points to SHP format then import them as points. To erase the current blocks use the Quick select command.

*Expert Elite*
2,142 Posts
207 Kudos
Post 2 of 5

Re: Lisp for replacing block with point?

06-10-2013 05:36 AM in reply to: GoranKLensmeden

You can always do a report query or a dataextract and create a txt file with the coordinates of the blocks then use that txt file to import points. Another way would be to export the points to SHP format then import them as points. To erase the current blocks use the Quick select command.

Murph
Supportting the troops daily.
*Expert Elite*
1,796 Posts
194 Kudos
Post 3 of 5

06-10-2013 05:41 AM in reply to: GoranKLensmeden

I think it's feasible in Gis opensource environment: feel free to attach here that .DWG in 2004 format, I could try.

6 Posts
0 Kudos
Post 4 of 5

06-10-2013 11:55 PM in reply to: Murph

Thanks!

I tried the method of exporting/importing via shape file, and it worked out well.

Off to new adventures!

/ Göran

*Expert Elite*
2,142 Posts
207 Kudos
Post 5 of 5

06-11-2013 04:01 AM in reply to: GoranKLensmeden

GoranKLensmeden wrote:

Thanks!

I tried the method of exporting/importing via shape file, and it worked out well.

Off to new adventures!

/ Göran

Great, glad to help out.

Murph
Supportting the troops daily.
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the future of the Autodesk Community? To participate in this brief usability study, please click here. Your time and input is greatly appreciated!