AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking Object Data to the new MPolygons

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Pecorilla
238 Views, 1 Reply

Linking Object Data to the new MPolygons

I recently had a problem when exporting a polygon topology with islands to an Arc Coverage. After some research and a few phone calls, I was told to use the new AutoCAD Map Extension, that it has a new item called MPolygons, and that they support island polygons. I have since downloaded this extension and been testing it. Yes, it supports island polygons correctly. I can convert my topology to MPolygons and export them to an Arc Coverage, getting correct topological polygons as they should be.

The problem that I have is the text ID's in the center of my polygons. Prior to this extension to export to a Coverage you would display the topology back to the drawing as closed polylines. Then you create an Object Data Table with one character field in it, to which you would generate links to using the enclosed text option to populate the object data table while also attaching the data to the polylines. After this you would export to a coverage and select the closed polylines with object data attached and tell it to use that object data in the export.

Now with the new AutoCAD Map Extension you convert the topology to MPolygons and export those to the coverage. The problem is that I can not link the text as object data to the MPolygons and therefore when I export I don't get my ID's. How can I link my text to the new MPolygons?
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Pecorilla
in reply to: Pecorilla

I am still trying things! I tried taking the polygons with object data linked to them, as I would export the old way, and converted them to MPolygons. This is as opposed to converting the topology, as I was told. When I did this the object data was tied to the MPolygons, Great! Now the problem is that any polygon that has island polygons within it, will have object data linked for every piece of text within its boundary. This includes the ID's for each island. When you export this to a coverage file there is no telling which ID will be in the output. The desired output is the text ID that is not linked to any of the islands. Is their a way to get the correct ID in the output, or a way to only link the ID that is NOT part of an island when creating the initial links to the closed polylines?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost