AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link Records to Objects

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Smac25
522 Views, 7 Replies

Link Records to Objects

I have a drawing file with block objects linked to an external MS Access database. Each record in the database was manually linked to a block object using the 'Link Records to Objects' found in Data View under the Links menu. As you know, this allows you to AutoZoom to an object when you select a record from the Data View table.

The problem I am having now is the AutoZoom doesn't work when you select a record from the Data View table and I am not sure why. I can perform a spatial query on an object and display the linked record from the Data View table.

Any help with this issue will be appreciated. Thanks.

Scott

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Smac25

Hi,

just to make sure: you have activated the option to "automatic zoom" ?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 8
Smac25
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi Alfred - Yes I have activated the Automatic Zoom option. Thanks for your reply.

Scott

Message 4 of 8
Murph_Map

Did you set a zoom scale? 50 or higher should work.

zoom.jpg

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 5 of 8
Smac25

Hi Murph- Thanks for your reply.

Even with the Zoom Scale set to 50 or higher I still can't get the AutoZoom to work. I have another similar drawing linked to an external database where the AutoZoom does work. It just doesn't work on this other drawing. How can the AutoZoom be "restored"?

Scott

Message 6 of 8
Murph_Map

Are the objects linked? Select an entity that you think is linked and see if it shows anything in the propery palette as to being linked to a table.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 7 of 8
Smac25
in reply to: Murph_Map

Yes the objects are linked as I can see the external database table attributes in the properties palette.

Thanks for your reply.

Scott 

Message 8 of 8
Smac25

I figured out the AutoZoom problem. The alpha portion of the key identifier in the database was changed from lower case to upper case, ie., 123e to 123E. This change "broke" the link. After setting all key identifers back to lower case, the AutoZoom works now.

Thanks for everyone replies.

Scott 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost