AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LINETYPE PROBLEM... NEED HELP!!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
ENRICO_CONNECT
1166 Views, 7 Replies

LINETYPE PROBLEM... NEED HELP!!

Hey,

I have a massive problem with my autocad map 3d's linetype scale...

Problem is caused from creating an primary viewport "construction plan", then creating a second viewport "detail plan" and zooming in on the detail plan viewport.

My line type in the detail plan turns into ------ LV  -----  as apart from the normal size of -----LV-----.

I've tried everything form psltscale, lt scale, msltscale (i think), audit, recover, basically everything i could.

NOTE: This problem is only oon my pc, and none of the other pc's in the offfice do this. I use classic autocad and have customised my buttons etc.

Thanks.

Enrico

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Sinc
in reply to: ENRICO_CONNECT

Standard usage is to set PSLTSCALE = 1, MSLTSCALE = 1, and LTSCALE = 1 or LTSCALE = 0.5.  Then linetypes print the same in both primary and detail viewports.

Sinc
Message 3 of 8
ENRICO_CONNECT
in reply to: Sinc

HI,

I've tried all of those line type settings and the attached picture is the outcome. Usually, as standard the LV in the attched picture is a lot larger. The only way  to reverse it to hold ctrl+z unitll the most of the work is reversed.

Cheers

Message 4 of 8

hi again,

attached is the lv line type from another drawing prior to the pronlem occuring.

Cheers,

Message 5 of 8
Murph_Map

Check your text style and font used for the Standard text or what ever the line type definition is using.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 6 of 8

Is there a way to get the linestyle details? I mean, extract the line type style from the drawing. I've tried through design centre.

Reason for this is i will try to make another line type and just replace it.

Cheers

Message 7 of 8
mr.dan

In "Manage Text Styles..." under Annotate tab/current txt style, Standard size should be uncheched for Annotative and Height should be 0.000.

Message 8 of 8

I know I am resurrecting an old post, but just wanted to thank Mr. Dan and Sinc for posting their responses and that screen snapshot.  Thank goodness for Google, too.  I had learned about LTSCALE and PSLTSCALE before, but never knew about MSLTSCALE.  The real happiness came when I discovered my STANDARD text height was set to 25 in my Text Style dialogue box and it was causing my OH E and W linetypes to be unuseable.  Thanks again.

-Harold

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost