AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lines won't appear on top of an Xref

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Acemon
1514 Views, 1 Reply

Lines won't appear on top of an Xref

I have a drawing with one viewport. In model space I have attached a jpg. If I draw a line over the xref in model space, it looks fine. When I switch to paper space, the line does not show, but if I plot to a pdf, it does. If I draw on paperspace, above the viewport, the line does not show.

The jpg is black lines on a white background. If I draw a line across it in model space, it shows up as the correct color (in this case it's red) but when I switch to paperspace it turns white and is invisible over the image.

I tried to change the display order, but no win. I checked the properties of the line and the xref itself and it all looks good. Everything is set "by layer".

Naturally, I'm frustrated. So is my boss.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
karsten.loewen
in reply to: Acemon

Hey Acemon,

Initially I thought it might be related to a viewport override setting, but the fact that it plots to PDF fine throws that idea out the window 😛

If you haven't already, I would suggest:

- Remove all VP Override settings
  - Running AUDIT in your drawing
  - Try it with differenti mage type (.png, .gif, .bmp etc...)
  - Run through the same steps inew drawing (maybe even from different template)

Let me know if that helps or not! 😄

Karsten

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost