AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

Acemon
Message 1 of 2 (220 Views)

Lines won't appear on top of an Xref

220 Views, 1 Replies
11-20-2013 02:01 PM

I have a drawing with one viewport. In model space I have attached a jpg. If I draw a line over the xref in model space, it looks fine. When I switch to paper space, the line does not show, but if I plot to a pdf, it does. If I draw on paperspace, above the viewport, the line does not show.

The jpg is black lines on a white background. If I draw a line across it in model space, it shows up as the correct color (in this case it's red) but when I switch to paperspace it turns white and is invisible over the image.

I tried to change the display order, but no win. I checked the properties of the line and the xref itself and it all looks good. Everything is set "by layer".

Naturally, I'm frustrated. So is my boss.

karsten.loewen
Message 2 of 2 (197 Views)

Re: Lines won't appear on top of an Xref

11-21-2013 09:17 AM in reply to: Acemon

Hey Acemon,

Initially I thought it might be related to a viewport override setting, but the fact that it plots to PDF fine throws that idea out the window :smileytongue:

If you haven't already, I would suggest:

- Remove all VP Override settings
  - Running AUDIT in your drawing
  - Try it with differenti mage type (.png, .gif, .bmp etc...)
  - Run through the same steps inew drawing (maybe even from different template)

Let me know if that helps or not! :smileyvery-happy:

Karsten

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.