AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lidar and Vertical Transformation

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
AllenJessup
495 Views, 3 Replies

Lidar and Vertical Transformation

I have Lidar files both IMG files and LAS files. I work in Civil 3D so have most Map 3D functions. We also have IDSP 2014 so I have a full version of Map 3D 2014 in there. The Lidar is in UTM - Meters. I need to create a Civil 3D Surface in State Plane - Feet.

Civil doesn't work with IMG files. I have no problem creating a Point Cloud from the LAS files using that to create a Surface. With the Zones set correctly in the drawings I can get the horizontal aspect of the data into State Plane. However the Elevations are still in Meters. If the LAS files were in ASCII. I would convert them directly, but they're not.

Is there any method in Map 3D to do a vertical transformation on either of these file types?

Allen Jessup

Civil 3D 2012 SP 3 / IDSP 2014
Dell Precision T7400, Xeon CPU 3.16 GHz
Win 7 Pro, 64-bit,12 GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro FX 4600

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
AllenJessup
in reply to: AllenJessup

I solved it in Civil by exporting to a DEM file and creating a Surface from that. I'd still like to know if there's a better way.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Murph_Map

Allen, I don't know of any way other what was suggected in the C3D forum that you already knew of.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 4 of 4
AllenJessup

Thanks Murph,

I was just wondering if since I now have a Full version of Map with IDSP if there might be a way with the newer software.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost