AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

Valued Mentor
kevin.barnett
Message 1 of 1 (280 Views)

Layout Tools - Reference System Template for South Africa Lo

280 Views, 0 Replies
06-04-2013 10:14 PM

Greetings,

I now know how to create a Reference System Template.

It looks like the template XML does not provide expressions or any method to apply math to the coordinate values. Or, maybe I missed something?

Here is the problem:

Land survey Lo coordinate systems in South Africa are opposite to the northern hemisphere.

Like this:

RSALO.png

Example coordinate:: Y75300 , X2800000

This system is opposite to AutoCAD's WCS.

The leading Autodesk dealerships and many consulting firms solve this by changing the sign of the coordinates, like this:

AutoCAD WCS: X-75300 , Y-2800000

Then, expressions are used in Civil 3D to change the signs for coordinate tables.

Fortunately, C3D provides additional transormation of the coordinate systems, so a 180 degree rotation is applied to the coordinate systems provided by Map.

Back to the point...

It looks like there is just no way a reference system template can be made to work with this solution.

Correct? Not until math expressions are included in the reference system template to change the signs of the values.

I am hoping that I am incorrect, please let me know, I would like to use the Reference System.

Thanks for reading,

Kevin.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.