AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layout Tools - Reference System Template for South Africa Lo

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
kbarnettza
877 Views, 0 Replies

Layout Tools - Reference System Template for South Africa Lo

Greetings,

I now know how to create a Reference System Template.

It looks like the template XML does not provide expressions or any method to apply math to the coordinate values. Or, maybe I missed something?

Here is the problem:

Land survey Lo coordinate systems in South Africa are opposite to the northern hemisphere.

Like this:

RSALO.png

Example coordinate:: Y75300 , X2800000

This system is opposite to AutoCAD's WCS.

The leading Autodesk dealerships and many consulting firms solve this by changing the sign of the coordinates, like this:

AutoCAD WCS: X-75300 , Y-2800000

Then, expressions are used in Civil 3D to change the signs for coordinate tables.

Fortunately, C3D provides additional transormation of the coordinate systems, so a 180 degree rotation is applied to the coordinate systems provided by Map.

Back to the point...

It looks like there is just no way a reference system template can be made to work with this solution.

Correct? Not until math expressions are included in the reference system template to change the signs of the values.

I am hoping that I am incorrect, please let me know, I would like to use the Reference System.

Thanks for reading,

Kevin.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost