AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

Active Contributor
mikeishman1046
Message 1 of 3 (320 Views)
Accepted Solution

Layer Properties Manager

320 Views, 2 Replies
02-14-2013 07:39 AM

Anyone run into an issue in AutoCAD Map 3D 2012 when multiple raster images (in this case 66 ortho images) are attached as data connections, you cannot see New Layers when you create them in the default Layer Properties Manager?

I have found using the Classic Layer Properties Manager is a work around.

It doesn’t seem to matter if the ortho images are connected individually or grouped as a single layer.

I'm running Map 3D with SP2 applied.

Update; Problem could not be replicated on different system (Autodesk Support Team) using same .dwg file.  Map 3D settings were set to default on my workstation and problem no longer occured. I will re-build my customized workspace and test Layer Properties Manager as I progress with re-build. I will post a follow-up about what if anything occurs.

Active Contributor
mikeishman1046
Message 2 of 3 (292 Views)

Re: Layer Properties Manager

02-15-2013 12:27 PM in reply to: mikeishman1046

Update; Problem could not be replicated on different system (Autodesk Support Team) using same .dwg file.  Map 3D settings were set to default on my workstation and problem no longer occured. I will re-build my customized workspace and test Layer Properties Manager as I progress with re-build. I will post a follow-up about what if anything occurs.

Product Support
phil_borycens
Message 3 of 3 (285 Views)

Re: Layer Properties Manager

02-15-2013 01:23 PM in reply to: mikeishman1046

Yes, running the Reset Settings to Default utility restored Mike's ability to create a new AutoCAD layer again in the Layer Properties Manager for this drawing.

Phil Borycens
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.