AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.Layer files and oracle database problem

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
cakey
1079 Views, 11 Replies

.Layer files and oracle database problem

Hi

I have just installes Map3d 2012 on a new windows 7 machine and connect to data using oracle! I have some .layer files that are stored on my server which worked perfectly in 2011!

The problem I have now is when I use Load layer from the task pane I receive an message that reads........

Failed to open FDO connection

ORA-01005: Null password given: Logon denied

I can log in to my oracle database which gets rid of the error but no data is bought in! Also if I try to connect with query (polygon region on Map) from data connect (polygon region on Map) no data shown, just a red polygon where the data should appear!!

I am new to map3d so any help at all would be greatly appreciated!!

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
carlalford7009
in reply to: cakey

Hi,

Did you ever manage to resolve this issue as I am now getting exactly the same problem.

thanks Carl

Message 3 of 12
scartlamy
in reply to: carlalford7009

The problem seems to be the same since AutoCAD 2011 : I'm in ACAD Map 2013 SP1 and I can't load .layer files which use Oracle database. However, that works perfectly in 2009.

It looks as if AutoCAD loads the layer, but without connecting to the database. If you go in the connections manager, you'll see under Oracle the database name used in you layer file.

If you click on it and then "connect", the layer will load immediately.

Does anybody know a workaround to automatically connect on .layer load ?

Message 4 of 12
luc.vanlinden
in reply to: cakey

Still an issue on 2013.

Does anyone know how one can actually "connect" to the oracle fdo connection which has the stored password, using teh workflows?

tx

Luc

Message 5 of 12
braudpat
in reply to: luc.vanlinden

Hello from France

I haven't any MAP 201X + Oracle ready to check my proposal, so sorry if it doesn't run !?

As far as I know (remember in fact), if you load a DWG or DWT with already a VALID (Login+Pswd = OK) FDO Connection (or many) to the Oracle Schema/User  then you can load other .layer files (to the same Schema/User) without problem !

So with a sample Rectangle (in Spatial Oracle format) around all the project, it's OK ...

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 6 of 12
luc.vanlinden
in reply to: braudpat

Hi Pat

Thanks for your input. Came to the same conclusion that only if the connection was saved with the drawing the connection will be "automatically" connected/opend/logged into.

However when loading a layer (which contains all the connection details) into a "blanck" drawing , there is no quick way to the actually load the data or connect to the datastore.

Not via the command prompt, not via the workflow actions. The only way, as far I know, is having the user got through the connect pallette and have him to press the connect button, or via a .net implementation.

To my opinion again a missing basic feature.

Luc

Message 7 of 12
braudpat

Hello

I almost always have a rectangle in each Oracle User/Schema around my project !

Because it's give me a kind of boundary ...

But you can too, give all Infos into the .layer :

Login/Pswd are in clear into the XML file but for Reading only Infos from Oracle, it's not critic !!!

<Provider>Autodesk.Oracle.3.0</Provider>
<Parameter>
<Name>Username</Name>
<Value>READER_ALL</Value>
</Parameter>
<Parameter>
<Name>Password</Name> <Value>READER_PSWD</Value>
</Parameter>
<Parameter>
<Name>Service</Name>
<Value>GIS</Value>
</Parameter>
<Parameter>
<Name>DataStore</Name>
<Value>WATER</Value>
</Parameter>

So I use this solution for Readers only !

Bye, Pat

If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 8 of 12
luc.vanlinden

Pat

If you open a new blank drawing (without predefined connections) and load that layer file, will your connection be opened while doing so? Or do you have to go through the connect pallette.

If we load such a layer file, we get the fdo - Oracle error message as described earlier Null password given.

tx

Luc

Message 9 of 12
braudpat

Hello from France

1) Have you before doing a test connection with the Login dialog box ?

Yes/No ?

2) Then in a blank DWG, have you tried this king of .layer XML file

which includes Login/Pswd/Schema Infos as I said into my previous msg ?

Yes/No ?

Sorry I am in holidays without any PC connected to Oracle ?

Bye, Pat

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 10 of 12
pberkers

Hello,

I'm running into the same problem: 'null password given' error, when importing layer file (with correct login credentials in it, so username AND password).

Manual login with Login dialog box works fine.

Using AutoCAD map 3d 2014 32 bit, Oracle client Standard 11.2.0.1 (as required).

Is there yet a solution for this problem?

thanx, Pim

Message 11 of 12
scartlamy
in reply to: pberkers

Hello,

Loading a .layer file with creditials inside is not enough (since 2011).

You should first create a connection (using "Connect" button in toolbar) to the database. Thus, you can load every .layer using this base you want.

I our case, we coded in C# a process which automatically create a database connection before loading a .layer.

Yes, it's stupid...

I hope that helps.

Message 12 of 12
pberkers
in reply to: scartlamy

ok thanks, manual login will do.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost