AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launching / accessing MAP 3D (I'm new to this please help)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Lyonstp
325 Views, 3 Replies

Launching / accessing MAP 3D (I'm new to this please help)

I can not for the life of me figure out how to get into MAP 3D. I've used Civil 3D for a while now but never had to use MAP 3D. Do I need to have Civil 3d open to get into MAP 3d? is MAP 3d a separate program? I don't have a desktop launch icon and there is not an option for MAP 3d in the start up menu, so I am assuming you have to access it somehow through C3D, but how?

Please help

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: Lyonstp

in civil 3d its a workspace change

change from the civil 3d workspace to the planning and analysis workspace to access map 3d

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

i am assuming your using 2010 or higher

if its 2009 or lower Map 3d installs with Land desktop companion

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: DarrenP

Hi,

>> if its 2009 or lower Map 3d installs with Land desktop companion

Also in lower version of Civil3D the Map is built in in the same way as it is in newer Civils 😉

What is Map3D: that are GIS-functions added to AutoCAD

What is Civil3D: that is suveying + civil-engineering functions added to AutoCAD + Map3D

So having Civil3D you have full AutoCAD and full Map3D included (to be honest: Map3D without the ex-Topobase-functionality when you speak about Map3D-2013 and Civil3D-2013).

And to get access to the GIS-functionality you either have to know the commands or you have to know that one part of the functionality is accessable within the Map-Workspace (which could be started with command _MAPWSPACE) or you change (as already mentioned) your workspace to a "Planing/Analysing" one (hope that is called so in the english version).

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost