AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

Active Contributor
Lyonstp
Message 1 of 4 (158 Views)

Launching / accessing MAP 3D (I'm new to this please help)

158 Views, 3 Replies
07-17-2012 07:44 AM

I can not for the life of me figure out how to get into MAP 3D. I've used Civil 3D for a while now but never had to use MAP 3D. Do I need to have Civil 3d open to get into MAP 3d? is MAP 3d a separate program? I don't have a desktop launch icon and there is not an option for MAP 3d in the start up menu, so I am assuming you have to access it somehow through C3D, but how?

Please help

Thanks.

*Expert Elite*
DarrenP
Message 2 of 4 (148 Views)

Re: Launching / accessing MAP 3D (I'm new to this please help)

07-17-2012 12:53 PM in reply to: Lyonstp

in civil 3d its a workspace change

change from the civil 3d workspace to the planning and analysis workspace to access map 3d

*Expert Elite*
DarrenP
Message 3 of 4 (146 Views)

07-17-2012 01:06 PM in reply to: DarrenP

i am assuming your using 2010 or higher

if its 2009 or lower Map 3d installs with Land desktop companion

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 4 of 4 (142 Views)

07-17-2012 01:28 PM in reply to: DarrenP

Hi,

>> if its 2009 or lower Map 3d installs with Land desktop companion

Also in lower version of Civil3D the Map is built in in the same way as it is in newer Civils :smileywink:

What is Map3D: that are GIS-functions added to AutoCAD

What is Civil3D: that is suveying + civil-engineering functions added to AutoCAD + Map3D

So having Civil3D you have full AutoCAD and full Map3D included (to be honest: Map3D without the ex-Topobase-functionality when you speak about Map3D-2013 and Civil3D-2013).

And to get access to the GIS-functionality you either have to know the commands or you have to know that one part of the functionality is accessable within the Map-Workspace (which could be started with command _MAPWSPACE) or you change (as already mentioned) your workspace to a "Planing/Analysing" one (hope that is called so in the english version).

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!