AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lackof dialog Box for Define query

19 REPLIES 19
SOLVED
Message 1 of 20
Robplatt
4580 Views, 19 Replies

Lackof dialog Box for Define query

Dear all,

This is a question about defining a query from the Map Explorer tab of the Task Pane in Map 3D 2015.

Even though I have the FILEDIA variable set to 1, the define query command refuses to open as a dialog box. Instead I get a command line version that is impossible to use.

I've even tried ~ADEQUERY, but I still get the command line.

All other dialog boxes in Map and Civil seem to be working just fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
Robplatt
in reply to: Robplatt

Hi all,

Problem solved.

For some reason the Civil 3D installation doesn't include a pointer to the MAP Support folder in the list of files under Options.

As soon as this pointer is added the dialog boxes work just fine.

Message 3 of 20
rhdins
in reply to: Robplatt

Can you be more specific?  I'm having the same problem, where the dialog box doesn't come up.  If I check my support directories, it shows that it's pointing to a map support folder, but I still have the problem.  I'll insert a screen grab of the path.

Screenshot 2015-02-11 08.03.35.png

Message 4 of 20
Murph_Map
in reply to: rhdins

You need the MAP/Support folder as well.

map_Support.png

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 5 of 20
rhdins
in reply to: Murph_Map

I've added the map support folder, and I still have the issue.

Screenshot 2015-02-12 07.47.50.png

When I try to modify the current query I just get command line options, no dialog box, like this.

No Box.png

Any other ideas?

Message 6 of 20
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> When I try to modify the current query I just get command line options, no dialog box

set sysvar CMDDIA to 1 (I guess your's is set to 0)

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 7 of 20
rhdins
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

CMDDIA was already set to 1.

Any other suggestions?

Message 8 of 20
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

login to your Windows with another Windows user account, start Map 3D and try that again, does that show the query dialog?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 9 of 20
rhdins

I don't have a way to do that, IT has it locked down.  Any other ideas would be great.

Message 10 of 20
Anonymous

Did you ever find a solution to this? I am having the same issue and have verified the settings and paths mentioned in this forum.

Message 11 of 20
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

welcome @Anonymous.autodesk.com!

Let us know which version of Civil 3D you have, which servicepack and which operating system.

Then option the _OPTIONS dialog and show us the paths (as screenshot) how they are set currently.

BTW: have you had the chance to try Civil 3D with another user account?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous

Hi, thanks for the quick response.

We are running Autocad Civil 3d 2015.

The version is J.210.0.0, SP3 on Windows 7 x64

I just tried on another computer with a different username and the same issue is occuring for our whole group. It might be the custom enterprise config file we're using. I'm brand new to cad and this customization file has been used before I got here but is there something specific that I could look for in this customization file to find the issue?

Message 13 of 20
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> I am having the same issue and have verified the settings and paths

Well, now compare your screenshot with the one from Murph in post 4 of this thread ... and you'll recognize that you are missing three paths for map specific folders 😉

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous

I need better observation skills 😉

Anywho, I did add those extra folders, here's my updated config attached. It still won't open the dialog though.

I mentioned that we use an enterprise configuration file, could this issue be related?

Message 15 of 20
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> I did add those extra folders,

Did you restart Civil 3D after adding that paths?

Comparing it to my Civil 3D (which is not an English one) I find an additional path you might need:

C:\program files\autodesk\autocad 2015\map\support\en-us

Check first, if that path exists on your installation, if so please add it.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous

Yes, thank you! That one did it. Thanks everyone for helping, as a newbie to cad, I would have thought there would be an error if there were missing resources, I wouldn't have imagined that it would have been related to missing support files.

Just in case it helps someone in the future, I attached the screenshot with the entire list.

Message 17 of 20
jcogden

Make sure you have these folders in the correct order

Message 18 of 20
varshasbhosale
in reply to: jcogden

Hi,

I faced the same issue with my Civil3D 2015 Version. I set the support file as shown in the attachment & it works.

Thanks a lot....

Message 19 of 20

Good afternoon- 

I am having the same issue with AutoCAD map 3D 2024. I am not receiving the pop up window when attempting to Query. Could you advise? I have checked "FILEDIA" is set to 1. As well as "CMDDIA" is also set to 1. As well as I have the folder in my support file search path. Not sure how to get this to function properly. 

vmetcalfreynolds_0-1692634843397.png

Message 20 of 20

Hi @vmetcalf-reynolds 

Thank you for participating in the forum.

I see you're having an issue with  a query. Are you trying to query a feature data object (FDO)? Shapefile? Gdb? Something else?

I suggest you start a brand new post with a descriptive title explaining your issue. You're piggy-backing onto this old post originally opened back in  2014 and adding onto it makes it difficult to understand your specific problem when using your AutoCAD version (which probably isn't a 9-year old version)..

Anyway, there are too many variables to consider so your issue could be anything. Please begin a new post and if possible, upload screen images of your Map Task Pane. It's also helpful to describe what your query trying to accomplish so a logical workflow can be offered. If you provide enough info, you can be sure someone in the forum will evaluate your query and respond with a suitable resolution. 

Chicagolooper

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost