AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labels

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
369 Views, 3 Replies

Labels

I'm trying to label elevations on some large coutours.

The problem i'm having is that 'multiline' does not give me enough elevations, while 'advanced placement' gives far to many elevations for mapping and plotting purposes.

Is there a way to have more control on how Map labels contourss?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Murph_Map
in reply to: Anonymous

The best way I found to do contours short of doing it in Civil3D is import the Contour SDF into MAP3D with the mapimport. Then use annonation blocks to label them.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Murph_Map

How do the annotation blocks work?

The contours I\m using were generated from an .asc grid, but yeah they are an .sdf file.

Thanks in advance

Message 4 of 4
Murph_Map
in reply to: Anonymous

Import the sdf file and create object data from the attributes. Then create an annotation template for the labels. Once you have the template created you can label all the contours or pick the ones you need to label. The labels are blocks that you can individual move or place where you need them. You can even use the Express tool "Burst" to convert them to text if you need to. Once you learn all there is to the Annotation blocks they out perform any labeling from the FDO side as far as control and placement to include size and visibility IMHO.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost