AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labels are fixed (not dynamic) checkbox

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
jlai
633 Views, 6 Replies

Labels are fixed (not dynamic) checkbox

I am currently using AutoCAD Map 3D 2012. In previous version, there is a Labels are fixed (not dynamic) checkbox and a Allow other labels to obscure feature symbols on the layer checkbox in the Style Editor window. I can’t seem to find it in the 2012 version. Try following this wiki help http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Infr._Map_Server/enu/2012/Help/0000-Studio_U0/0076-Working_76/0083-Crea...  but I don’t know where to click on the “Point Style area” in the step 3. It’s probably something that is super easy that I just can’t figure out.

Thanks for helping!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
phil_borycens
in reply to: jlai

The reason that help article doesn't apply to your situation is because that article is written for a different program! That article is in the Autodesk Infrastucture Map Server help; you are using AutoCAD Map 3D.

For me to help you, please allow me to ask:

What type of data are you connected to (SHP, SDF, Oracle, etc.)?

What type of geometry is this data (points, lines, polygons, mixed, other)?

Phil Borycens
Message 3 of 7
jlai
in reply to: phil_borycens

It’s an ODBC connection to our central drill hole database. They are all points features. What I want is to have the label display no matter what zoom scale the drawing is in. (Even if they do over print each other). In 2011 Map3D, I can check the "Label are fixed (not dynamic)" box and that will slove the problem. I can't seem to find that feature in Map 2012. I have attached a pdf of what it looks like in 2011.

Message 4 of 7
phil_borycens

Thank you for the additional info!

As you probably know, the Style Editor was compelely revamped with the 2012 release (Basic Styles have now become Enhanced Styles). One of the changes made is this (as described in the readme😞 Label stacking is not supported. To show multiple point labels, assign an offset.

I hope this helps at least explain things.

Phil Borycens
Message 5 of 7
jlai

Thanks for sending me that link. Now is there a page where I can learn how to assign an offset to show multiple point labels? I'm still kinda new to this data connection thing and I couldn't find anything online or the help meun. If you can point me to the direction of where I can find some instruction, it will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Message 6 of 7
phil_borycens

Yes, there's not much to know about it...but you can use this page as a reference:

http://docs.autodesk.com/MAP/2012/ENU/filesMRG/GUID-5C871D5C-04BC-4EF2-9758-63A8F5F3141B.htm

And it looks like this:

styling-points.PNG

Phil Borycens
Message 7 of 7
jlai

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost