AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labelling in Map 3D

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
4658 Views, 3 Replies

labelling in Map 3D

The lines have data that I would like to display on the drawing like material, diameter, construction year, etc. How do I make them display?

Do I need to use Annotation Template? If so, could someone walk me through how to set it up? I've tried the help but I'm lost on step 3. It says "A new drawing window opens, called Map Annotation Template Editor.dwg. Define the template in this window and save it before returning to the Define Annotation Template dialog box." I don't get a window that's called that. I get the screen where I normally edit my blocks with the yellow tinted background color. And how do I define the template in here?

Thank you.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
MorganMcGuire
in reply to: Anonymous

If the lines have object data associated with them...

Go to Map-> Query -> Define Query.

Select Location and "All"

Ensure that Query mode is set to "Draw"

Select "Alter Properties" and then press "Text".

Select the "Expression" button and select the field you want displayed by expanding out the tree. You can only do one at a time. change any of the other settings you desire in this dialog box ie, text style, size, layer etc.

Once done press "Ok" in the Set Property Alterations box.

Once again, make sure "Draw" radio button is selected as the query mode and then press "Execute Query".

This will then display the fields selected as text entities in your drawing.

Morgan.
Message 3 of 4
jjbenstead

If you just require labels showing the attributes associated with geometry in your current drawing using an annotion block is the best method.
When you get to Step 3. and you get the block editor window, you are in the right place.
You should also see a 2 button toolbar for (1) editing/creating annotation and (2) saving the annotation template.
This is where you create your annotion attributes, just click on the first button and you will be prompted to select an existing annotation attribute... or press return to create a new one.
See how you go from there, if you need further help, re-post and I'll follow-up.

Best regards
John Benstead
Message 4 of 4
Wesleypjones

I am having a problem following these instructions. I want to label the piezometric contours in my drawing with the level which is included in the object data. However when I get to the expression part I can not find any of the object data. It just does not appear in the tree. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost