AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labelling 3dpoly vertex

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
bming
986 Views, 8 Replies

labelling 3dpoly vertex

I create a 3D polyline and I want to display Z coordinate of any vertex with a text or a label.
I find a way to display Z coordinate of first (X1,Y1,Z1) and last (X2,Y2,Z2) vertex with display options but not for any vertex.
Someone can help me?

Thanks
Massimo
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
drazen-ars
in reply to: bming

Hi Massimo,

Enough difficult task to practicing my LISP knowledge (it was better in the past), and to remember my programming days.
I did one LISP program for labeling of 3D poly vertexes. Save somewhere file POLY.LSP and load it in AutoCAD with command APPLOAD. Start it with command LAB.

Hopefully will be useful for you.

Drazen Galic
d.galic@studioars.hr
www.studioars.com
Message 3 of 9
bming

Thank you Drazen!
I tried your lisp application and it worked successfully.
Massimo
Message 4 of 9
v.tsamis

I tried this Lisp but the Z values are displayed as 0... what I am doing wrong?

Message 5 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: v.tsamis

Hi,

>> I tried this Lisp but the Z values are displayed as 0

for me it's working, if you start _LIST and select one of those objects what Z-values do you get? (or upload the drawing with one or two of the objects you tried).

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 6 of 9
antoniovinci

v.tsamis wrote:

I tried this Lisp but the Z values are displayed as 0

Perhaps your contours are flattened to ground zero, typical behaviour of digitized topo maps.

Message 7 of 9
v.tsamis
in reply to: antoniovinci

When I type _LIST I can see all the vertex values(Geomentry X,Y,Z). Why is not showing when I apply the lisp?

I include the polylines (any really) I am trying to have Z values visible on my plan.

Message 8 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

your drawing has proxy objects and so that tool reports 0 (why ever, I've not looked into the LISP).

You see that this drawing is not clean if you try to use copy/paste to get those polylines to a new drawing. I get then a message that this is not possible because of proxy-objects.

If you create a new drawing, then insert that drawing you have uploaded into the new one (with option "explode") then this tool is able to write the Z-values to the polylines vertizes.

Good luck, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 9 of 9
v.tsamis
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thank you so much... it was as you said. Copy paste to a different drawing and values appear!!

Brilliant

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost