AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labeling issue when filtering data using query

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
LeMay1327
361 Views, 5 Replies

Labeling issue when filtering data using query

Hi Everyone, 

I am mapping a cemetery in AutoCAD Map 3D and I'm well on my way to being complete.  All data is attached to centroids that are plotted via ODBC connection.  My final task is to create individual templates of cemetery plots.  I have queried several individual plots in order to work solely with the information attached to them.  However, my issue is that when I filter them with the query (via the map task pane), all associated labelling information dissapears and all that's left is the centroid.  How do I filter the data to show individual centroids, but keep the label?

I hope all that made sense.

Thanks, 

Andrew

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Murph_Map
in reply to: LeMay1327

What are you using as the labels? Mtext, Map Annoblocks or just the ODBC label tool. 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 6
LeMay1327
in reply to: Murph_Map

Hi Murph, 

I'm just using the ODBC label tool (Edit Style > Add Label)

Message 4 of 6
parkr4st

in Task pane   right click the layer and query to filter data.  after the query save the result in a .layer file or export layer data to sdf if you want to experiment with the smaller data ser.  The labels are there.

Dave

Message 5 of 6
Murph_Map

@LeMay1327 wrote:

Hi Murph, 

I'm just using the ODBC label tool (Edit Style > Add Label)

Then you may need to relabel them again, when you ran the query it got just what you asked for "the centroids". 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 6 of 6
LeMay1327
in reply to: Murph_Map

I have discovered that if I convert the labels to plain text after querying the data, they show up.

Thanks everyone for your input.

-Andrew

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost