AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LABEL OBJECT DATA

38 REPLIES 38
SOLVED
Message 1 of 39
n2itive
22414 Views, 38 Replies

LABEL OBJECT DATA

I'm not an everyday map user so I'll try to explain this the best I can and hope someone understands it. I generally stay in Civil 3D (2011).

So, I used the "mapinsert" command to insert a shape file from Arc GIS which consitsed of city property lines. I also wanted to include some object data (owner, address, name, etc...). So far, so good. The property lines came in as closed polylines just like a wanted. So when you select one closed polyline all the object data displays in your Properties pallete for that particular "property line". My question is can you add this object data as a label/text to each closed polyline (property)? Ive been messing around with inserting annotation but so far I got nothing. In the end I would like the property owner name listed within the property lines as text. Seems pretty simple to me. Thanks

Infrastructure Design Suite 2014
Civil 3D 2013 sp2
Windows 7 x 64, 16 GB
Intel Xeon @ 2.80 GHz
NVIDIA Quadro K2000
38 REPLIES 38
Message 21 of 39
albionpjl
in reply to: n2itive

Thank you, it did work the second time, but unfortunately when I explode the new labels they turn back into the tag name.

I have to explode them because the programme that must use this file when finished cannot read autocad blocks correctly. It dumps them all at 0,0.

For anyone who  doesn't need to explode this would be a better solution than the other one given in this thread, but for my purposes, the longer workaround is what it will have to be.

Unless there is a way to explode the blocked text without it changing into the tag name?

Message 22 of 39
foxeec

Try the 'burst' command.

when I tried it, it kept the data, and the location.  When selected, it then says it's just text.

Lorrie

Message 23 of 39
albionpjl
in reply to: foxeec

Thank you very much.

That has worked.

I think I need to make myself a new toolbar with those commands. 🙂

Message 24 of 39
balendra.shukla

Thanks .

its realy working .

thanks again dear

Message 25 of 39
peterg

I can not see the data fields that are in the data table in the expression chooser.  There is no instance of the data fields I am looking for in the Properties or Object Properties lists at all.  Any ideas?  Beyond that this works well.  I can get Map to label whatever is in the list, I am just not seeing the colum names that are in my data table.

Thanks,

Pete

Message 26 of 39
j.cota
in reply to: antoniovinci

Antonio, your method is brilliant! We do use Map3D and Civil3D occasionally on our architectural practice and often deal with GIS conversions to CAD. We always struggled to convert GIS text to CAD text format, it was always a long winded process! Your method worked very well, you saved us a lot of hours of work! Thank you!
Message 27 of 39
dkoppes

...is there any way to control the decimal places for length. It is displaying a number like this 167.354589...when all I want is the whole number...167.

...also, is there a way to add text to end of a value?...It is displaying 336 AL, but I want to add a P at the end of the value...

Can you help?

Message 28 of 39
dkoppes

...is there any way to control the decimal places for length. It is displaying a number like this 167.354589...when all I want is the whole number...167.

...also, is there a way to add text to end of a value?...It is displaying 336 AL, but I want to add a P at the end of the value...

Can you help?
Message 29 of 39
antoniovinci
in reply to: dkoppes

dkoppes wrote:
...is there any way to control the decimal places for length

Try to type LUPREC and set to 0, sir.

Message 30 of 39
dkoppes
in reply to: antoniovinci

I am trying to extract "OBJECT DATA" from ESRI polyline that I used ACAD MAP IMPORT to bring into ACAD MAP 3D....

I figured it out   (STRCAT (RTOS .LENGTH 2 2) “‘ ” )

I am now trying to add the letter "P" at end of the value...but it's not working for me....(STRCAT (:PRIMSIZE@OHPRIM) "P")

What am I doing wrong ???

See attachment

Message 31 of 39
olivier.eckmann

Hi,

is PRIMSIZE a real value or a character or an integer

if real => (STRCAT (rtos :PRIMSIZE@OHPRIM 2 0)  "P")

if char=> (STRCAT :PRIMSIZE@OHPRIM  "P")

if int => (STRCAT (itoa :PRIMSIZE@OHPRIM)  "P")

Olivier 

Message 32 of 39
dkoppes
in reply to: olivier.eckmann

Thanks Olivier,

Here is another one for you...

I have a dynamic block that extracts data from imported ESRI lines in ACAD MAP 3D.

When I pick line to insert block, sometimes it rotates the right way and sometimes it rotates the wrong way. (See attachments)

Is there any way to align block so the text is not upside down. I tried using the "FLIP" parameter & action settings but it does not work.

Thanks in advance for your time !

Don

Message 33 of 39
Murph_Map

@dkoppes wrote:

I have a dynamic block that extracts data from imported ESRI lines in ACAD MAP 3D.

When I pick line to insert block, sometimes it rotates the right way and sometimes it rotates the wrong way. (See attachments)

Is there any way to align block so the text is not upside down. I tried using the "FLIP" parameter & action settings but it does not work.

A dynamic block as in (plain) AutoCAD or a MapAnnoBlock? I think what is happening is the direction the line you are labeling is drawn in that direction. Back when I was labeling span length and conductors we had a lisp that checked the angle and if it was greater than 180 we subtracted 180 then used that angle to label. Of couse the lisp allowed the user to pick on what side of the line to place the text (label). 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 34 of 39
esorensen

Thank you! This worked well for me.

Message 35 of 39
brandyrodriguez

Lorrie,

You are amazing! Thanks for posting this 🙂

Message 36 of 39
ender.prime

wish I would have known about this workflow years ago

thank you Lorrie

Message 37 of 39
Mark_Castle

@foxeec wrote:

Another way to go about it:

First, use 'Mapimport' to bring in your closed polylines with object data.

then:
1- 'mapanntemplate'  (don't enter the quotes - you'll get a dialog box, when you hit ok, it'll open the block editor)
2- 'mapanntext' (then I hit 'enter' for new text.  You'll get a dialog box asking for infomation for you to supply for the label.  Under the 'value' box, you can specify a field from your object data to be supplied.  When it asks for the insertion, i always use 0,0; which inserts the text right where i need it inside the polylines.).  At that point, i close the block editor, saving my changes on the way.
3 - 'mapanninsert' (check the template you created, select your polylines, and voila!  Labels!

if the labels need to be tweaked, use the 'mapanntemplate' again, to edit the template contents, such as size, layer, etc.; then run the 'mapannupdate' command to have those changes reflected.

Lorrie

This is absolutely fantastic!! I'm so glad I found this post. Thank you!

Mark Castle
Win 10 64-Bit, Thinkpad P50
16 GB RAM; Core i7-6820HQ; Quadro M1000M
Message 38 of 39
rstahly

Creating an annotation template would work for what you are wanting to do. Or as somebody else has stated, connect the data and edit the theme to label property owners. By the way you explain where you are currently at the annotation template is the most appropriate without re-inventing the wheel

Message 39 of 39

Brilliant that worked wonders thanks. i had the same problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost