AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LABEL DRAWING GEOMETRY AT REGULAR INTERVALS

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ouspensky
491 Views, 1 Reply

LABEL DRAWING GEOMETRY AT REGULAR INTERVALS

I want to use the annoate function in Map3D to add "ROW ##m" at regularly spaced intervals along a road centerline with a 10m offset from centerline.  This is using drawing geometry created from MAPIMPORT with attached table.  I got as far as making annotation templates and placing labels.  But how to write an expression that will place them all along road similar to what ARRAY on path would look like??? and how to create the offset?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
diane.cloutier
in reply to: ouspensky

Hi,

As far as I can tell, there is no way to repeat map annotation along a line.  What you could do is create points along the line using either ARRAY > Path or if you have Civil 3D, CREATEPOINTMEASUREALIG and then create the map annotation from the resulting points.  You could either offset the points from the line or offset the annotation from the points (by entering 0,10 for "Specify right endpoint of text baseline" after clicking OK in the Edit Annotation Text dialogue box).

I am not quite clear on where the ## portion of the "ROW ##m" label is coming from, so can you please clarify if you need further assistance?

I hope that helps.  Or maybe someone out there has a better alternative! 🙂

Thanks,

Diane Cloutier

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost