AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Map 3D and Arcview

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
xxdrvxx
780 Views, 5 Replies

Issues with Map 3D and Arcview

Hello,

So every time I open Arcview Autocad Map 3D runs some sort of install or configuration. It usually runs about 4 times and then lets me into Arcview. I just recently installed Map 3D so I've seen this issue. I'm trying a repair on Acrview right now to see if that helps the issue. Has anyone had this same issue?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: xxdrvxx

Try this :
http://rand.com/imaginit/1/rss/viewitem.asp?feedid=BLOGS_GIS_ALL&guid=639

--

Murph
http://map3d.wordpress.com/

"xxdrvxx" wrote in message news:6284131@discussion.autodesk.com...
Hello,

So every time I open Arcview Autocad Map 3D runs some sort of install or
configuration. It usually runs about 4 times and then lets me into Arcview.
I just recently installed Map 3D so I've seen this issue. I'm trying a
repair on Acrview right now to see if that helps the issue. Has anyone had
this same issue?
Message 3 of 6
rmacan
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Murph,

I recently updated my MAP 2010 with the new service pack released a few weeks ago, and all of a sudden I started getting MAP trying to install and configure itself if I opened ArcViewGIS 9.3.1.  I tried the above link but it appears that the Blog you referred to isn't avaiable any longer.  This issue is starting to drive me nuts...it seems like there should be something else written on it but I can't seem to find much else but this posting.

Message 4 of 6
bingalls

I remember running into this issue back in 2008. I would go to start a program (in my case it was Papervision) and it would initialize the autocad installer. After "x-ing" out of the window several times, i'd finally get the program to load. I don't remember the fix right now, but I seem to recall making a note of it and filing it at work. I'll have to look it up Monday.... seems it had something to do with allowing the installer to start up, then bring up the task manager (control+alt+delete) and then stopping a process. But again, I'm not sure. I'll email this thread to my work email as a reminder for me to look into my notes files for the fix. Perhaps with this "bump" someone else will have a remedy for you before then.

Message 5 of 6
jmurphy
in reply to: rmacan

From the link:

The temporary solution to suppress the the installer dialog from popping up is as follows:

In windows Explorer navigate to:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\
Copy the Geospatial Coordinate Systems folder
Paste the folder to the same location
Once the copy is complete, rename the folder to:
Geospatial Coordinate Systems Temp
Again, this is a temporary solution, but it is a simple fix to prevent the installer dialog from always starting.

Murph
http://Map3d.wordpress.com
Message 6 of 6
carie1976

It seems strange that this would fix the problem but it worked on my machine.  Thank you for posting this information it was very helpful.

Carie

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost