AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with SID Image in Viewport

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
lindsaytithecott1040
673 Views, 4 Replies

Issue with SID Image in Viewport

I am running C3D with the map ad on.  I used mapiimport to bring in a geodetic sid file and created a dwg to xref into my sketch (to reduce the file size).  The image xrefs perfectly to scale/orientation etc. 

When I rotate my viewport in paper space AND when I use the UCS rotation the image (just in the viewport) becomes skewed from my line work.  Does anybody know a way to work around this? 

Thanks all.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: lindsaytithecott1040

can you also post your current setting of the "vportrotateassoc" system variable?  this might be a contributor, but I"d have to play around to see...  I'll follow up if it affects my machine.

Message 3 of 5
lindsaytithecott1040
in reply to: Anonymous

Its sitting at 1.  Should I swtich it to 0?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: lindsaytithecott1040

I was just playing with a 700MB .SID, and found things behaving as I would expect.

When vprotateassoc is 0, if you turn a viewport, the model space view (and hence image file) should stay in their original rotation angle from model space.  If you set to 1, then model space should rotate to match any rotation of your viewport.  So, if it's set to 1, as you've indicated and someones done a "dviewtwist" on the viewport, perhaps the image/model space has rotated beyond your expectation.  the vp... command should let us get away from using dviewtwist. 

I'd check with a completely new viewport and see if the situation is still occuring, beyond that, I'd have to see what's happening to troubleshoot further.  Anyone else with $0.02?

Message 5 of 5
jmurphy
in reply to: Anonymous

@toddhepworth4253 wrote:

Anyone else with $0.02?

There's been plenty of posts in the Civil groups here and at AUGI the past few year on this, no one has a solution yet. Some report it may be off a tad others by miles depending on the size of the area the image is covering, some report that even with it off in the vport it will plot OK, others say it doesn't. Back in Hammerhead I logged it as a bug (way worst back then) when it happen.

Murph
http://Map3d.wordpress.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost