AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Isn’t it that cool?! :)

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
KrakowiAneczka
535 Views, 6 Replies

Isn’t it that cool?! :)

Well...it isn't...

And it's definitely not funny...it drives me crazy!

I'm working, working, working, and drawing, drawing, drawing…..than zoom or pan and my drawing sticks to the screen – see attachment.

Acceleration on than off and it disappears but it’s coming back again eventually.

My IT guru tried different drivers…didn’t help….

Anyone has got an idea what can cause this?

My laptop: HP EliteBook 8760w, Windows 7 64-bit, SP1, Intel Core i7 @ 2.5GHz, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro 4000M

I'd appreciate any idea!

Cheers,

Ania

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi,

that issue was discussed multiple times for AutoCAD 2013 without SP, when SP 1.1 was released I haven't seen any more threads about that problem (at least I can't remember, so it's not really sure). Maybe it's also a help for you to install SP1 for Map3D?

HTH, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 7

Thanks, I'll try to look for it in 2013 threads 🙂

However I'm still on 2012 with all updates as far as I'm aware.

It started to happening when I got new laptop.

Message 4 of 7

Hi,

the words "ghost" and "layout" are imho the best search-terms

So >>>that is my search-result<<<

HTH, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 7

Are you still experiencing the issue? It sounds like you've tried just about everything that I would suggest, but...

Is there a NVIDIA icon showing in the Windows notification area (just to the left of your clock)? If so, maybe try disabling it, NVIDIA could be competing with AutoCAD for control...

Let us know what you find out. Thanks!

Phil Borycens
Message 6 of 7

Hi,

wow ... another idea (based on what Phil suggested): could it be that you are working on the internal gc from your second-generation Intel I7 (Intel graphics card then, ignoring the nVidia)?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 7 of 7

Hi guys, thank for replys.

Yes, I'm still having the problem.

No, there's no NVIDIA icon and I've got no clue how to check which graphic card is working.... I'll ask IT tomorrow to check it.

My IT guru suggested unticking the items that should not degrade in "Adaptive Degradation and Performance Tuning".....not sure if that will help to narrow the case but i'm half way through 🙂

If I find solution I will definately let you know 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost