AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INTERNAl ERROR: UNDOCMD

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Marpe
3660 Views, 11 Replies

INTERNAl ERROR: UNDOCMD

Hello,

I'm having some trouble with my fresh installation of Map 3D 2007. I'm having sistematicaly a Internal Error UNDOCMD 2/3.
I tried audit's, recover, etc. Also tried new hardware drivers.

The problem occurred when I select an object and tried to change it to a different layer. That's where this error happens the most.

It's a HP xw4400 WKS fresh new.

Help needed!

TIA
Marpe
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Marpe

Have you installed SP3?
I think there was a fix for this in one of the services patches and SP3
contains SP1& SP2 .

Murph

wrote in message news:5624564@discussion.autodesk.com...
Hello,

I'm having some trouble with my fresh installation of Map 3D 2007. I'm
having sistematicaly a Internal Error UNDOCMD 2/3.
I tried audit's, recover, etc. Also tried new hardware drivers.

The problem occurred when I select an object and tried to change it to a
different layer. That's where this error happens the most.

It's a HP xw4400 WKS fresh new.

Help needed!

TIA
Marpe
Message 3 of 12
Marpe

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I have SP3 installed and some other patches.

Marpe Message was edited by: Marpe
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous

This issue was reported to us only once and could be solved by a reinstall
of the product.
Make sure you have local Administrator rights when installing and disable
virus scanners.
For having a clean installation, follow this steps:
http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS45252

Marion Pietsch
Autodesk Consulting

wrote in message news:5624817@discussion.autodesk.com...
Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I have SP3 installed and some other patches.

Marpe

Message was edited by: Marpe
Message 5 of 12
Marpe

Thanks for your reply.

I am the IT Manager of the company.
Already tried a fresh reinstallation. Didn't solve the issue.

"This issue was reported to us only once and could be solved by a reinstall
of the product"

I reported this situation (using the AutoCAD Error Report) about 30 times without answer.

Best regards

Marpe
Message 6 of 12
mhester

I have also had this same issue, and it still continues, and have been reporting it for several weeks now with no response. I have checked many forums and web sites and no on seems to know what is causing it. Fresh installs do not fix it nor do service packs or updates. Any fresh ideas?
Message 7 of 12
mhester

Check your undo.ac$ file size under your temp folder. Mine was over 1.0GB. I deleted it and have not had the error again.
Message 8 of 12
duguk-5227
in reply to: mhester

I am currently using AutoCAD 2010 with all the service packs installed and in one specific project, I keep getting INTERNAL ERROR: UNDOCMD 2 or INTERNAL ERROR: UNDOCMD 3.  This has been happening for a while now and I have reported it, with no answer.  I have tried deleting the UNDO.ac$ files, I have also tried deleting all the possible temp files, all to no avail.  Please let me know if you have any other suggestions or ways to fix this problem. 

Message 9 of 12
antoniovinci
in reply to: duguk-5227

What about opening it with the free Autodesk Trueview, and convert it to .DWG version 2007..?
Message 10 of 12
drazen-ars

Did you have any solution for your problem. Did it appear again.

Seems that we have the same problem with AutoCAD 2013, with the drawing with a lot Xrefs and layouts.

Drazen

Message 11 of 12
kylei7449

I too have this UNDOCMD error on one of our projects. Seems to be an isolated issue, as I've not had this problem with other dwg's. But this particular problem child is a set of three dwg's that were once one big dwg. For necessity, they had to be broken up (it had ballooned to 70 MBs and there are a lot of xrefs and data refs). But, in the meantime I've had countless Fatal Errors and crashes. So I think the dwg's database has some corruption. Running Drawing Recovery, audits, and regapp didn't fix the problem. Repairing and reinstalling didn't fix the problem either. (even after a clean install) 

Someone here suggested trying True View (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?id=6703438&siteID=123112) and I gave that a shot.  I used True View to convert my corrupted dwg's from 2010 down to 2007. Our problem with the UNDOCMD 2 error is when trying to save the file. (crashes) But, it doesn't crash if I save the drawing down to 2007. So, I used True View to convert down to 2007 then opened up the dwg and saved it (2010 format) and that seems to have worked. I was able to open the dwg again and save/close the dwg without crashing. 

I'll know over time while working with these three problem dwgs if this remedy works for sure. But give it a try it to see if it helps your situtaiton.

* Note--I don't have any issues with these problem files if I open them in another CAD ver., ie, 2012 (on a different PC).

KI

Message 12 of 12
kylei7449
in reply to: kylei7449

This is a follow-up on this UNDOCMD error.

The TrueView remedy did not work. It worked for about one session, but after opening the dwg back up, the dwg crashed on an autosave. This is only happening to these particular drawings as I am not experiencing this error on any other drawings (large or small).

So, I am still in search for a cure. (audits/drawing recoveries report zero errors) The only other option I think is to simply create a new drawing and copy & paste, etc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost