AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

cadd
Message 1 of 22 (816 Views)

Intensity Heat map?

816 Views, 21 Replies
03-08-2013 09:18 AM

Is it possible to make a heat/intensity theme map with Autocad Map3d?

thanks, mike

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 22 (811 Views)

Re: Intensity Heat map?

03-08-2013 09:56 AM in reply to: cadd

Hi,

if you have the data ... yes.

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
cadd
Message 3 of 22 (807 Views)

03-08-2013 12:30 PM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Do you know of any good tutorials? or other sites that show the process?

thanks, mike

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 4 of 22 (801 Views)

03-08-2013 01:08 PM in reply to: cadd

Hi,

>> or other sites that show the process?

The process difffers depending of how the data is structured you get to build up the map from.

You can look >>>here<<< for starting videos that show how Map3D is working basically.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
cadd
Message 5 of 22 (797 Views)

03-08-2013 01:15 PM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

ok thanks i went to the help site and already searched for 'heat' and 'intensity' map, the help feature didn't bring back anything good.  I know how autocad works basically it was this specific issue that i was trying find help with.  maybe autocad uses a different term than heat/intensity??

m

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 6 of 22 (794 Views)

03-08-2013 01:20 PM in reply to: cadd

Hi,

>> searched for 'heat' and 'intensity' map

Come on, do you think that you can search for "GEAR" and you find how a gear should be constructed with AutoCAD?

When you ask for heat-intensity I guess you have some data that represents these values, so now you have to import or reference the data and use the GIS-functionality to create your thematic mapping with your values.

That's why I mentioned that it depends on how your data is structured, what do you have, do you have polygons, points, historical data (with different dates), .... and in what format.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
cadd
Message 7 of 22 (791 Views)

03-08-2013 01:35 PM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

well a gear is a specific item that you draw in autocad I wouldn't search of how to draw a gear, but i may search for how to create lines arcs etc. that make up a gear, if i needed that info.

A theme map is a pretty generic thing, regardless of data type at the very least there should be some info that points users how to create one it, I don't think searching on the autocad HELP site for heat/intensity map is to far of a thing to ask for.  If you don't know the answer thats fine you don't have to get pissy about it.

thanks for your assistance though in pointing me to the general help site...

*Expert Elite*
antoniovinci
Message 8 of 22 (788 Views)

03-08-2013 02:08 PM in reply to: cadd

Mr.Cadd,

take a deep breath and listen quietly.

Alfred is one of the best Autocad Map experts in whole f#####g world, trust me.

He was trying to tell that you can create any type of stylized maps, no matter of your data representing level of heat, sound, pollution: everything, period.

You have only to import geometry with those data, either embedded or lying in an external database, e.g. Access/Excel.

Now go and learn, 'cause it won't be so easy, man...

*Expert Elite*
Murph
Message 9 of 22 (782 Views)

03-08-2013 02:53 PM in reply to: cadd

Give an example of the data you have if you have any and what you want.  If Alfred, Antionio or I can't help you then it most likey can't be done.

Murph
Supportting the troops daily.
cadd
Message 10 of 22 (778 Views)

03-08-2013 03:38 PM in reply to: Murph

Hi Murph, thanks for your reply, maybe my initial question wasn't worded very well.  What I'm wanting to create is technically called a choropleth map http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choropleth_map not a map that actually shows heat temperature.  I've always heard of these maps as called heat maps, they are fairly common in esri gis, but i don't know if i've seen one done in autocad.  So in my case i want to show a map of a city and the number of fire calls based on their address.  So for example in one area there would be a higher intensity of color for more calls and a different color for areas that have less calls.  I know esri software can do it, but they charge for each module and it gets pretty expensive, I already have autocad map 3d and was hoping it had this functionality built in.  I didn't expect anyone to walk me through everyt single step, i simply wanted to see if there were any good tutorials out there or documention on doing it in autocad.  I googled the subject and see it can be done in google maps and some other tools, but again I didn't find anything really helpful for using autocad.

thanks for your input.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.