AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 11 of 22 (345 Views)

Re: Intensity Heat map?

03-09-2013 01:46 AM in reply to: cadd

Hi,

>> I know esri software can do it, but they charge for each module and it gets pretty expensive

You have to pay extra for a simple thematic mapping functionality? No, that is built in .... the functionality, not the data.

And why do I mention the data here? Because I asked now 3 times how your data is structured, you don't give an answer (to an important question ... a question we need answered to give you function-names or specific workflows for how you can go on with your work), but call me "to get pissy".

Find attached a video that shows how to load data, how to create formulas so you see how to get a value for "items per any property" (what you can use for your heat-values) and as the last step how to configure the mapping to display these values in colored-shades. The video is German (sorry, I only have the German Map3D), but you see the icons I use and that is equal to the Map3D in English or other languages.

(sorry that the 1.5MB upload-limit does not allow a better video resolution)

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
*Expert Elite*
Murph
Message 12 of 22 (336 Views)

03-09-2013 03:52 AM in reply to: cadd

Yes Map3D can do what you need. Depending on what information you have and the format it's in as to how to theme it. Do you have dumb autocad objects with text, shp files, microstation dng files, PostGIS database or what? There is a few different ways to get the results you want depending on the data.

Murph
Supportting the troops daily.
cadd
Message 13 of 22 (331 Views)

03-09-2013 05:08 AM in reply to: Murph

thanks again murph, thats good news to hear that it has that functionality At this time i have an esri shape file and the table data is in excel but i could easily put it in an access (.mdb) database if that would help.

*Expert Elite*
Murph
Message 14 of 22 (320 Views)

03-09-2013 10:46 AM in reply to: cadd

cadd wrote:

thanks again murph, thats good news to hear that it has that functionality At this time i have an esri shape file and the table data is in excel but i could easily put it in an access (.mdb) database if that would help.

If you have the shp files still in the orginal format (.shp, .shx & .dbf ) then you can use the data connect and theme as shown in Alfred's zip file video. Connect to the shp instead of SQL Lite and set the style(theme) by values in the data table. If you only want two colors then look at using the Less than < and Greater than > in the expression for setting the theme.

Murph
Supportting the troops daily.
cadd
Message 15 of 22 (314 Views)

03-09-2013 02:38 PM in reply to: Murph

thank you.

Mentor
olivier.eckmann
Message 16 of 22 (273 Views)

03-18-2013 01:19 AM in reply to: cadd

Hi,

I follow this discussion, and another question appears to me linked to data, and I haven't found solution.

If I've well understood there are 2 shp files : 1 for polygon corresponding to area (in the town) and 1 ponctual for fire call.

How is it possible to count the number of ponctuel inside an area and transfer this information to area data?

I 've tried with Gis overlay (identity), so I can add id of area on each ponctual object, but I don't know how to transfer / fill a column with the number of fire call inside a area. 

Thanks

Olivier

Valued Mentor
parkr4st
Message 17 of 22 (270 Views)

03-18-2013 02:52 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

If

Table "A"                                              &      Table "B"

FID Polygon Area#                                       Area#    FireCount (FireCount is the total per Area#, not one individual fire)

You can join the data tables (B To A) Option, create a join  or RC in the data table window or in the Display manager, rc the data, create a join and then apply your style

What do(es) your data table(s) have for columns of data?

Dave

Mentor
olivier.eckmann
Message 18 of 22 (264 Views)

03-18-2013 05:58 AM in reply to: parkr4st

Thanks, but sorry I don't undestand what is your process.

I join a SDF file with a class ZONE with 4 polygons and a classe FIRE with some points. In each areas, I've 3 or 4 or 5 or 8 points.

I just want to count how many point per area (and add this number as info) to each polygon. The goal is to do a thematic map on polygons according number of point are inside each polygon.

Thanks 

Olivier

*Expert Elite*
antoniovinci
Message 19 of 22 (254 Views)

03-18-2013 09:07 AM in reply to: olivier.eckmann

I fear you can't in Autodesk environment, while in the free Qgis it would be easy as 1-2-3, sir.

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 20 of 22 (250 Views)

03-18-2013 11:04 AM in reply to: antoniovinci

Hi,

>> I fear you can't in Autodesk environment

If you have a point theme and a polygon theme you can overlay them (e.g. using "Identity"), the result is a new theme having assigned the polygon-id to the point. Using any database with SQL-ability you can create a new view or table holding the polygon-id + the count of the point-objects ==> link that back to the polygon theme and that's it.

But yes, you need to know SQL for this step (SELECT COUNT ... GROUP BY ,,,).

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.